Do you lead a hectic lifestyle? Do you usually find yourself buried under a heavy work pressure? In that case, you probably often find yourself staring at the ceiling of your room at night when you ought to sleep peacefully. Stress and tension can often snatch your sleep away. This may lead to dark circles around your eyes and multiple skin disorders leading to spots and marks on your face. Although the best way to get rid of such marks and spots is to sleep properly and peacefully at night, you may also try a good quality concealer to conceal these dark circles and spots temporarily.
Choosing the right concealer for your skin tone and type is tougher than you may think. It takes time, knowledge about your skin tone, some idea about your skin type, and plenty of experience in using concealers. There are different types of concealers on the market and these are also made to help you with different types of skin marks and spots. Some are strong enough to hide even tattoo marks and some are light enough to manage acne marks. The choice of the right concealer gets tougher if you have a dry skin.
You will come across several products that will claim to be the best drugstore concealer for dry skin and some will also claim to be the best under eye concealer for dry skin. However, while applying such a makeup, you have to make sure that it gives you a natural look and does not worsen your dry skin type anymore. If do not take proper precaution while choosing a suitable concealer for your dry skin, then it can cause your skin to crack and flake.
Information Every Informed Buyer Should Know When Looking For Concealers for Dry Skin
There are several factors to keep in your mind when you decide to hunt for the best concealer for dry skin and dark circles. Some of these are discussed below.
- Whether you opt for the best concealer for dry skin drugstore or an ordinary one, it is essential for you to remember that choosing the best concealer basically depends on what you are actually trying to cover up. This is mainly in terms of choosing the color of the product.
- Once you are done with choosing the shade of the concealer, the next important thing to consider is the quality or consistency of the product. As an example, dark circles happen around your eyes. It is also true that the skin around your eyes are dry and very delicate. Thus, you will require concealers that are hydrating and creamy.
- It is true that you complexion never remains the same throughout the year. Unless you spend majority of the hours at office or inside your home, you will notice that your skin tone varies according to the different seasons. Thus, it is always a good idea to choose one concealer for the winter months and one for the summer time. You can also blend both the concealers for your in-between shades throughout the year.
- Your choice of the best foundation and concealer for dry skin is also dependent upon the application process of the product. If you are one of those busy bees, then you will certainly opt for one of those that come with an application type that is the simplest to use.
Best Concealer for Dry Skin
BareMinerals Correcting Concealer
If you are in your youth and have a comparatively younger and healthier skin, then the BareMinerals Correcting Concealer should be a great option for you. It is one of the best eye concealer for dry skin when it comes to covering light blemishes or under eye circles. It will make you look polished throughout the day.
Considered to be one of the lightweight concealers at the stores, the BareMinerals Correcting Concealer is best for those of you who are pretty new to makeup and prefer to feel nothing heavy on your face after applying it. However, if you wish to use this concealer to hide dark spots and deep wrinkles, then you will have to apply it as several layers on your skin.
It is also good for you to note that this product has a tendency of running on hot summer days. Thus, you will have to be careful when it comes to using it on hot and humid days. Thankfully, it comes with SPF 20 in order to protect your skin from any type of sun damage.
Pros and Cons
- The BareMinerals Correcting Concealer comes with SPF 20.
- It is a lightweight concealer but provides full coverage.
- During hot summer months it may easily run.
- It is not suitable for fine lines.
Revlon Colorstay Makeup for Normal/ Dry Skin
Are you looking for a concealer that will also work as a hydrator at the same time? Does a concealer that lasts for a long time appeal to you? Then the Revlon Colorstay Makeup for Normal/ Dry skin will be a great option for you to choose. It comes in 13 different shades, which means that you will surely find one suitable for your skin tone.
There are users who have said that the Revlon Colorstay Makeup for Normal/ Dry skin is great for a moderate to full coverage. This means that faint or larger blemishes can easily be concealed with this product. It is good for you to note that this concealer is certainly not hypoallergenic. This means that if your skin is acne-prone or even sensitive, then using this concealer will be a bit risky for you. The best part about this concealer is that it can last for a long time. Thus, re-applying it before you call it a day is not needed.
Pros and Cons
- The Revlon Colorstay Makeup for Normal/ Dry skin comes with SPF 20 to keep your skin from any type of sun damage.
- It provides a moderate to full coverage.
- This concealer also has hyaluronic acid
- There are just a few shade options for dark skin tones.
- It is not suitable for acne-prone skin.
Josie Moran Argan Creamy Concealer Crayon
Are you usually worried about finding your concealer being wasted by others? Then the best concealer for you will be the Josie Moran Argan Creamy Concealer Crayon. The crayon application of makeup product makes it very convenient for use. This is one of the prime reasons for the growing popularity of this product. The crayon applicator also reduces the possibilities of the product being wasted.
Another added benefit of this product is that it comes with argan oil. This helps the concealer to blend with other makeup products and also with your skin. If you are searching for a natural and organic concealer, then the Josie Moran Argan Creamy Concealer Crayon will be a great option for you. The hydrating factor of it also makes it the best under-eye concealer for dry skin.
This concealer provides a creamy and smooth look to your face. However, if you usually touch your face more than once, you may have to use it with a powder in order to make it last for an entire day. It is aptly suited for blemishes, uneven pigmentation, and dark circles. It does not leave behind any type of pastiness or caking on your skin.
Pros and Cons
- As the name suggests, the Josie Moran Argan Creamy Concealer Crayon has a crayon application.
- It is made with pure 100% argan oil.
- You may have to blend 6 different colors in order to get your specific shade.
- You may have to re-apply the concealer more than once a day.
Benefit Fake Up Hydrating Crease-Control Concealer
Whether you search for the best high-end concealer for dry skin or an ordinary one, it is very essential for you to choose such a product that also nourishes your skin. This is why the Benefit Fake Up Hydrating Crease-Control Concealer is rather popular amongst users. It comes with a lipstick style applicator that makes it very convenient to use. The vitamin E and apple seed extracts also make sure that your skin gets proper nourishment.
Another plus point about this concealer is that it can effectively cover up both under-eye circles and wrinkles. This is especially beneficial for those of you who have to deal with both dark circles and wrinkles at the same time with different products. This concealer is best for light to moderate coverage. Thus, covering up dark or large blemishes with this product may be a bad idea. However, you will have to re-apply this concealer before the day ends as it can last up to a maximum of 6 hours at a time.
Pros and Cons
- The Benefit Fake Up Hydrating Crease-Control Concealer is very simple to apply.
- It comes with apple seed extracts and vitamin E.
- You will have to re-apply after every 6 hours.
- Has a tendency of making normal skin appear greasy.
Laura Mercier Secret Concealer
Do you have sensitive skin? In that case, using any type of makeup will not be enough for you. On the contrary, it can prove to be dangerous for your sensitive skin. It may either lead to a breakout or a bad reaction. However, you can use the Laura Mercier Secret Concealer as it is designed especially for dry sensitive skin.
The texture of this concealer is creamy and think. Thus, a little of it is enough to cover red or dark spots. Are you not too keen on using a foundation every day? Well, in that case you can use the Laura Mercier Secret Concealer as it can easily help you maintain a natural look. However, this product is available in a package that requires you to either use your fingers or a brush to use it. Thus, it will naturally take longer to apply this concealer than any other similar product.
Pros and Cons
- The Laura Mercier Secret Concealer works beautifully on sensitive skin.
- This concealer can easily be used with a foundation.
- It has a creamy and thick texture.
- You will have to use it more than once a day.
- You will have to use your fingers or a brush in order to apply it properly.
NYX Professional Makeup Concealer Wand
The NYX Professional Makeup Concealer Wand is made with hydrators that makes it one of the best concealer for dry skin and acne. This concealer is available in 12 different shades and works like a charm when it comes to covering up under-eye circles, discoloration, and imperfections on your skin. It is also very easy to apply this product as it comes with a wand applicator. If you are always on the move and prefer to carry your concealer with you all the time, then you may choose this product. There is also no possibility of it accidentally spilling in your handbag.
One of the best parts about the NYX line of makeups is that it is easily available almost everywhere. This concealer is also cruelty-free and talc-free. This makes it suitable for many of you. However, the NYX Professional Makeup Concealer Wand is often reported to run out rather quickly, which may not go with some of you who prefer to use products that last for a long time. The price of it is affordable so that you can stock up on the product easily.
Pros and Cons
- The NYX Professional Makeup Concealer Wand comes in 20 different shades for you to choose.
- It is capable of providing medium to essential coverage of your facial skin.
- This makeup product is cruelty-free.
- You may have to apply this concealer in layers in order to get a good coverage.
- It has a tendency of running out easily.
Maybelline Fit Me Dewy + Smooth Foundation
Do you often find it challenging when it comes to choosing the color of the best full coverage concealer for dry skin? Thankfully, you will not find it difficult with the Maybelline Fit Me Dewy + Smooth Foundation as it is available in 24 different shades. Although the manufacturer calls this makeup product as a foundation, there are several users who have claimed that this product easily blends with the skin tone. Thus, it can easily be used as a concealer.
The best part about the Maybelline Fit Me Dewy + Smooth Foundation is that it can easily hydrate your skin without giving an oily look to your face. This is especially good for those of you who use a concealer for dry skin only to find that your faces have become too oily after the application of the product. Even if you have multiple spots to cover up, this foundation will prove to be quite helpful.
Although the Maybelline Fit Me Dewy + Smooth Foundation cannot be termed as a heavy foundation or concealer, it can still cover up red spots or dark circles effectively. However, you may have to re-apply this product before the end of the day as it lasts for a maximum of 6 hours to 8 hours.
Pros and Cons
- The Maybelline Fit Me Dewy + Smooth Foundation comes with SPF 18
- It is suitable for moderate to full coverage.
- It does not come with any pump application system.
- It may easily wear off mid-day.
Neutrogena Hydro Boost Hydrating Concealer
If you are on the lookout for a concealer that can conceal dark circles effectively, then the Neutrogena Hydro Boost Hydrating Concealer will be a product to consider. It contains hyaluronic acid that is normally found in your body, such as your joints and eyes, as a natural substance. However, it is also true that you will come across many concealers in the market that contain hyaluronic acid, since it has several benefits for your skin.
Unlike several other concealers at the stores, the Neutrogena Hydro Boost Hydrating Concealer comes in 5 different shades that are basically neutral tones. There are several other concealers that have pinkish or orange shades. This fact is also appreciated by several reviewers. This concealer can easily glide on your skin as you apply it. It does not provide a cakey look to your face as it is designed to be used as a light concealer to hide small imperfections on your skin.
However, there are many users who have said that the Neutrogena Hydro Boost Hydrating Concealer does not easily blend with other makeup products such as foundations or any other product usually used on the facial skin. Nonetheless, if you prefer to use a light makeup and something useful to use under your eyes, then this concealer will be a great option for you.
Pros and Cons
- The Neutrogena Hydro Boost Hydrating Concealer is absolutely oil-free.
- This concealer contains hyaluronic acid that helps your skin feel hydrated.
- It is available in 5 different shades.
- You will need time and some level of experimentation in order to find the right shade as per your skin tone.
- It does not blend well with any other makeup products.
- It tends to give you a light coverage.
NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer
Does a long-lasting concealer appeal to you? Do you detest the idea of having to re-apply a concealer more than once a day? Then the NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer will be a great option for you. This makeup product is designed in such a way that it lasts for an entire day and is also gentle to your facial skin.
Normally, if you have a dry skin, you will obviously look for a concealer that is a bit creamy. However, it is also good for you to know that if you are not used to using this brand, then this concealer may appear to be a bit thick and cakey. The best solution to such a problem is to use less concealer and a beauty blender with this product. The packaging of this concealer is rather small. However, it will surely last you a long time as you do not need much of the concealer to apply on your face.
Pros and Cons
- The NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer is one of the best concealers for both dry and sensitive skin types.
- It also happens to be one of the long-lasting concealers available at the stores.
- It is made in a way that it does not oxidize easily.
- You may experience a minor creasing.
Covergirl Smoothers Moisturizing Concealer
You will find several products under the Covergirl line of makeup products especially made for dry skin types. However, the Covergirl Smoothers Moisturizing Concealer comes with chamomile and vitamin E. It also contains ginseng that is a type of herb best for boosting energy levels and reducing stress.
This concealer comes with a very simple lipstick style application and it has a creamy texture. This simple application system makes it less messy. This product is not lightweight and if you usually apply a light makeup, then you will need time to get used to this concealer. The price of this concealer is also affordable and the packaging makes it very simple for you to keep it inside your handbag.
Pros and Cons
- The Covergirl Smoothers Moisturizing Concealer contains vitamin E, chamomile, and ginseng.
- It is very simple to apply this concealer.
- The product may be slightly thicker than expected.
It is true that not all concealers work the same way. Some are designed to hide light or small blemishes and some are made to hide dark and big spots. The former type of spots are easily concealed by a lightweight concealer. However, for the latter you will have to use a heavier one. It is also true that the type of application matters a lot. Some come with a lipstick type applicator and some have to be used with your fingers or a brush. Sometimes, you also have to decide how to use other makeup products with your concealer, such as your foundation, powder or moisturizer. Basically, choosing the right concealer is dependent upon a lot of factors. Some are even beyond your imagination.