Are pimples spoiling your mood? It is quite possible for you to wake up one fine morning and find a few red pimples scattered on your face. This may happen to any person irrespective of the gender, and it is quite normal. According to doctors and other experts, the moment you reach puberty, your face becomes vulnerable to acne breakouts. In fact, such breakouts may continue even when you are well past your puberty.
There are many men and women, in their late forties, have also complained of acne. Thus, if you notice acne even when you are past your teens, there is nothing to worry about. You will be surprised to know that acne breakouts are not just limited to the face. It may also happen on your back, shoulders, and chest region. The best part is that there are several skincare lines at the stores which are designed to treat acne, as well as, with just a single regime.
Even if acne is a normal thing, especially amongst teenagers, dealing with them is not that simple. It is also true that since every person is trying to fight with acne breakouts with the best drugstore concealer for acne, it does not mean that you will leave the breakouts on your skin for the entire world to see. There are several products on the market, which can effectively help you reduce or even get rid of problems related to acne.
In spite of all your efforts of applying various types of oil-free wipers, makeup removers, charcoal masks, toners, and foaming cleansers, acne tends to reappear now and then. Whether you have a few pimples on your face or an army of them, there are several concealers in the market, which can effectively cover up the blemishes on your skin caused by acne. There are so many different varieties of concealers in the market, that deciding upon the best concealer for acne scars is a tough decision to take. Some cosmetic manufacturers have more than a single type of concealer, such as spot application products, foundations that also act as a concealer, and redness correctors to name a few.
Choosing the best concealer for acne prone skin is a tough task. You have to choose one which matches with your skin tone and is also gentle on your skin. You will certainly not like the idea of using a concealer that paves the path for future acne breakouts while trying to conceal the present ones on your face.
Information Every Informed Buyer Should Know When Looking For a Concealer for Acne
When it comes to choosing the best drugstore concealer for acne prone skin, there are a few essential factors to keep in your mind that will also help you enjoy the best possible results from the product you choose.
- First of all, do not make the mistake of applying your concealer on a flaky, dry skin. It will simply refuse to set well on the skin. Even if it does after a long time, it will not match with the natural texture of your skin. In other words, you are not supposed to apply a concealer after using any type of medicated product in your facial skin.
- Secondly, always ensure that the best drugstore concealer for acne scars that you choose, matches with your natural skin tone and does not seem artificial or odd after applying it. Just like a pimple, even a dark or light spot on your skin will be easily visible to others.
Best Concealer for Acne
Maybelline New York Fit Me! Concealer
When it comes to cosmetics, you cannot forget Maybelline New York. This is another one of those brands, which is popular all across the globe for its wide range of cosmetic products. Although the Maybelline New York Fit Me! Concealer is quite effective in hiding dark circles, it practically shines when you use it to cover up scars or blemishes on your facial skin. It is true that when you opt for a drugstore brand of cosmetic products, you actually get the quality of product you pay for. The costlier cosmetic you choose, the better will be the result after using it. It is obvious that brands like NYX will certainly not compete with brands such as Mary Kay or MAC.
However, every brand has an ace product in their pack of arrows and the Maybelline New York Fit Me! Concealer is that product for Maybelline New York. The price of the concealer is very cheap, and anybody can afford to use it. If you are searching for a quick fix or something to depend on during an emergency situation, the Maybelline New York Fit Me! Concealer will be a great choice for you.
However, the Maybelline New York Fit Me! Concealer is not really effective when it comes to concealing nasty pimples or scars. Nonetheless, it is perfect when it comes to correcting mild inconsistencies or redness on your skin. This concealer is a non-greasy and lightweight product, which will prevent you from looking unnatural by the end of the day. In short, it works smoothly, stays on for a long time without creasing and easily outshines other similarly priced concealers in the market.
Pros and Cons
- The price of the Maybelline New York Fit Me! Concealer is pretty cheap.
- It gives a lightweight finish and feels on your skin.
- The colors offered easily blend with most of the skin tones.
- The Maybelline New York Fit Me! Concealer comes in just 6 different skin tone options.
- It may fail to provide full coverage for aggressive pimples or severe breakouts.
Almay Clear Complexion Oil Free Concealer
If you are simply fighting with just a few random blemished on your skin, then the Almay Clear Complexion Oil Free Concealer may prove to be the best concealer for acne drugstore for you. This product is made with 3 primary aims in mind. Firstly, you help you get a flawless, smooth finish to your makeup. Secondly, to provide some relief from skin irritation and to reduce inflammation and redness. Lastly, to clear and control acne breakouts.
There are certain makeup products which put you at a disadvantage as far as managing acne is concerned. These products are heavy on your skin. As a result of this, the pores on your skin get clogged due to which oil and dirt get trapped beneath the surface. Some of these makeup products may even enhance the natural oil secretion of your skin, which may not allow the blemishes to heal themselves quickly enough.
Thankfully, Almay Clear Complexion Oil Free Concealer is different from other similar products. It does not create such problems on your skin, and it is extremely light, unlike other concealers. You can easily use the product to cover up the acne without worrying about worsening the situation. It comes with a mineral formula that readily absorbs oil from your skin in order to reduce any future possibilities of acne breakouts. You can easily treat acne with this concealer and also cover them up at the same time.
The Almay Clear Complexion Oil Free Concealer is made with natural plant extracts such as aloe and chamomile that are useful in reducing redness and inflammation on your skin. This also helps the product to work both as a treatment option and a concealer.
Pros and Cons
- The Almay Clear Complexion Oil Free Concealer comes with a special application wand that helps to keep your hands away from the oil.
- It contains salicylic acid that is used to treat acne.
- It provides adequate coverage without feeling heavy on your skin.
- If you have a sensitive skin, it may react to the salicylic acid.
- It comes in just 3 different shades.
- If you have a dry skin, you will have to use an additional moisturizer along with this concealer.
MAKE UP FOR EVER Full Cover Concealer
MAKE UP FOR EVER or most commonly known as MUFE has its own line of various cosmetics starting from eyeshadows and bronzers to lip liners and brushes. It is basically a boutique brand which is why you may not find it at Wal-Mart or CVS and similar types of stores. Even if you have never heard about the brand that does not mean that you will turn away from the products. The brand was basically started by a professional makeup artist and at present is backed by the same company that owns Louis Vuitton, which is a million dollar fashion company.
Once you start using the MAKE UP FOR EVER Full Cover Concealer you will understand why it is considered to be one of the best concealers for acne scars and blemishes. This product is so designed that it can easily last throughout the day. It can easily withstand your routine lifestyle for as long as 16 hours. The formula used in the making of this concealer also ensures that it effectively conceals even the most stubborn of all acne breakouts on your skin
The best part about the MAKE UP FOR EVER Full Cover Concealer is that it can also effectively conceal scars caused by burns, tattoo marks, and various other beauty spots. Although it is quite effective in concealing almost any type of scar, the product is creamy and light instead of being heavy and thick. The power of the product to cover most types of spots is from the concentration of the pigments in the concealer.
Even if you suffer from a mild acne breakout, you can use the MAKE UP FOR EVER Full Cover Concealer with some other product such as a liquid highlighter or a translucent powder in order to provide sufficient coverage. It is also good for you to know that the matte finish and the oil-free formula of the product are basically to avoid your skin from getting a shiny finish.
Pros and Cons
- The MAKE UP FOR EVER Full Cover Concealer is available in a wide array of shades.
- It can easily cover even the most stubborn of all blemishes on your skin.
- It has a very lightweight formula.
- It has a tendency of darkening as it dries which makes it difficult for the product to match with your skin tone.
- Heavy application to cover blemishes may leave behind a cakey finish.
Bare Minerals Multi-Tasking Face Concealer
This formula is so designed that it works effectively for an entire day and it gives you a natural look as soon as you apply it. It also contains SPF 20 that provides an added protection from the sun. This concealer is highly effective in dealing with redness, acne, and various other skin imperfections.
Pros and Cons
- The Bare Minerals Multi-Tasking Face Concealer can easily reduce the oil on your facial skin.
- It can effectively reduce the redness on your skin.
- The formula is effective on your face for the entire day and can conceal dark circles around your eyes and dark sun spots very easily.
- Some users claim that the packaging and the quality of the concealer is no longer the same as before.
Dermablend Quick-fix Concealer Stick
There are several types of concealers in the market that are rather inconvenient to apply, especially when you are on the move. You need some sort of an applicator to apply them properly and accurately. You will also come across several concealers in the form of sticks. However, these tend to be slightly cakey instead of providing a natural finish. Nonetheless, women use these types of concealers in spite of the cakey finish, simply because these are convenient to use.
Dermablend Quick-fix Concealer Stick is another stick shaped concealer on the market. However, it does not provide a disheartening result after you apply it. Dermablend is one of those trusted manufacturers of makeup products which is popular for their allergen-free and fragrance-free range of beauty products. They have it all for you, starting from hair care products to men’s product line. Dermablend products are usually available at some of the higher-end makeup stores such as Sephora and Ulta.
The concealer stick, made by Dermablend and named as Dermablend Quick-fix Concealer Stick, is certainly not like any other drugstore stick concealers. It basically glides smoothly on your skin very smoothly and without leaving behind a mask-like finish. The best part about this concealer is that it is designed to last for as long as 16 hours. This will give you some relief from applying it again and again in a day. It also comes with SPF 30 protection and the stick-styled product will help you store it in your handbag.
Pros and Cons
- The Dermablend Quick fix Concealer Stick is available in 10 different shades to match with your specific skin tone.
- The stick helps you to apply the product precisely.
- It is built in SPF that lets the concealer to protect your blemishes from any type of sun damage.
- If you apply it heavily on your skin, it may leave behind a cakey finish. Thus, apply sparingly.
- It may fail to cover heavy blemishes, such as beauty marks or scars.
- You need to pair it with a suitable translucent powder to let it set properly.
Boo-Boo Cover-Up Concealer
With the help of the Boo-Boo Cover Up Concealer, you can easily skin your usual method of concealing your scars, which is by using ointment and bandages. Although it can be termed as one of the best concealers for oily skin and acne, it does have a tendency of blocking the pores of your skin, which may give rise to acne breakouts in the long run.
The product contains vitamin E, chamomile, aloe, tea tree oil, and green tea. This concealer is perfect for users with a medium skin tone, and it can also be used on the body along with the face.
Pros and Cons
- Can easily cover up most types of scars and acne.
- Just a little bit of the Boo-Boo Cover-Up Concealer works for a long time.
- Tends to cover up the pores on your skin that may give rise to acne breakouts.
- May not cover bruises or scars that are a shade darker than your skin tone.
L’Oréal Paris True Match Super-Blendable Concealer
When you talk about the brand which has the best concealer for oily acne prone skin, then you cannot forget L’Oréal Paris. It also happens to be one of those drugstore brands which has an impressive line of cosmetics. One of the best amongst its products is the L’Oréal Paris True Match Super-Blendable Concealer. Although both L’Oréal and Maybelline are more or less equally reputed in the world of cosmetics, the former has a wider range of products and is found to be used more commonly.
The best part about the L’Oréal Paris True Match Super-Blendable Concealer is that it does not make your skin look dull. It maintains the natural brightness of your skin, which is mainly because it caters to various types of skin tones such as neutral, cool, and warm. It is also available in several shades to match with various skin tones.
Pros and Cons
- The L’Oréal Paris True Match Super-Blendable Concealer is very simple to apply.
- It comes in a large variety of shades and skin tones suitable for all.
- It can easily blend even if you use other branded cosmetics.
- You need to understand your own skin tone in order to choose the best match. This usually takes more than one try.
- It dries up very fast.
- If you use it for a heavy coverage, it can get cakey.
Neutrogena Skinclearing Blemish Concealer
The formula used in the making of the Neutrogena Skinclearing Blemish Concealer is mineral based. It is basically a natural blend of various types of spectrum protectors and conditioning hydrators. This means that even when you go out in the sun, this concealer will provide one of the best UVB and UVA protection. It can also be termed as the best green concealer for acne.
This concealer also comes with a lovely aroma that helps you to relax and become stress-free. Some of the ingredients found in this product are salicylic acid, Aloe Vera, vitamin E, vitamin A, and vitamin C to name a few. This concealer is designed in such a way that it helps to reduce the appearance of scars and blemishes to make your skin look clearer. It is basically a non-comedogenic and oil-free formula, which makes this concealer very easy to apply.
Pros and Cons
- The Neutrogena Skinclearing Blemish Concealer does more than just conceal blemishes on your facial skin.
- It comes with a non-comedogenic makeup formula.
- This concealer is available in 4 different shades.
- The quantity of the concealer in the packaging may seem inadequate when compared with the price.
- The salicylic acid in the product may cause skin irritations to some users.
It is true that there are various types of concealers on the market. Which one you choose is mainly dependent upon your personal preference and needs. However, there are several factors to keep in mind when it comes to choosing the best possible concealer for your skin blemishes. First of all, do you normally experience intense acne breakouts on your skin? In that case, you should look for a concealer that comes with a full cover option. Such products can conceal severe dark circles around your eyes and also tattoos.
Secondly, if you usually face minor acne flare-ups, then it will be a good idea to opt for a concealer that can cover up the acne on your face and also treat it effectively. Lastly, if you usually find one odd pimple on your face and need something to cover it up, then look for a mild concealer. Apart from keeping the quality of the product in mind, it will also be a good idea to keep within your budgets.