It is true that one of the best concealers on the market can easily help you get a flawless makeup finish. Such a concealer can easily and effectively cover up scars, blemishes, wrinkles, and acne scars on your face. In the words of a layman, a good quality concealer can give you the perfectly smooth canvas on which you can paint your different types of makeup.
There are many of you who do not mind when it comes to spending money on some of the best and top quality makeup products. Such a high-grade makeup product will not just make you look good, it will also make you feel good from within. It will help the female inside you to be portrayed to the world. However, the primary challenge for you would be to choose the right and most suitable concealer that will suit your pocket, skin tone, and skin quality.
There are several tips when it comes to applying a concealer on your face. First of all, it is essential for you to remember that the skin around your eyes is pretty sensitive and thin. Thus, when you decide to use a concealer around your eye region, make sure that you do so delicately so that you do no harm to the skin around your eyes.
Most of you may have wrinkles or crow’s feet around your eyes. It is also true that most of you would like to minimize these types of wrinkles around your eyes with the help of a concealer. The best way to start applying a concealer is by patting some moisturizer on your facial skin before you decide to use your concealer.
It is a good idea to know that applying a concealer in a closed area, where there is no natural light, will be a bad thing to do. It is always better to open the windows, let the sunlight enter your room or bathroom and then apply the product on your skin.
There are different types of concealers suitable for different skin types. If you have oily skin, it is always a good idea to use the best drugstore concealer for oily skin. This will help you get the most out of the makeup and it will also moisturize your skin properly.
Information Every Informed Buyer Should Know When Looking For Best Concealer for Oily Skin
Choosing the right concealer for your own use is not as simple as it may seem to you. There are several factors to keep in mind when it comes to finding the right type for your skin tone and type. Firstly, it will be a good idea to choose a concealer that also comes with SPF protection. Although there are quite a few that do provide SPF protection, there are some that let you blend your color as per your preference and there are some that come with several skin-rejuvenating botanicals. Which one you finally choose is based on your preferences.
There are also some concealers that can be used for multiple purposes. These are effective in fighting blemishes or acne scars and can also be used effectively in reducing wrinkles and fine lines. Some concealers, which can also be termed as the best concealers for oily acne prone skin, come with several botanicals useful in nourishing your skin. Which one you finally choose is completely based on your own preferences.
Best Concealer for Oily Skin
Mineral Fusion Compact Concealer Duo
Mineral Fusion Compact Concealer Duo can easily be termed as the best full coverage concealer for oily skin. It comes packed with several natural ingredients that help to lower the wrinkles on your skin and give you the anti-aging benefits. This concealer also contains various vitamins to help your skin get back its lost youthful shine.
One of the best parts about this concealer is that it ensures proper nourishment and hydration for your skin. It also makes sure that the pores on your skin are able to breathe without getting clogged. All you need is a little bit of the product and you are all set to go. No need to apply layers of the concealer on your skin.
The Mineral Fusion Compact Concealer Duo is available in a duo shade pack. This means that you can simply blend the 2 colors in order to come up with the shade similar to your skin tone. This feature is especially good for those of you who do not like to waste time color matching your shade with your skin tone.
Pros and Cons
- The Mineral Fusion Compact Concealer Duo easily lets your blend your color in order to match with your skin tone.
- It is completely vegan, and free from cruelty and paraben.
- It comes with sea for skin elasticity.
- This concealer also comes with vitamins C and A to help you enjoy the anti-aging effects.
- It is available in 4 different color shades.
- There are some old users who have said that this concealer causes creasing.
- There are some who say that they would like to get a more opaque coverage.
Rimmel Stay Matte Primer
Available in a one-ounce tube, the Rimmel Stay Matte Primer concealer can easily be termed as the best foundation and concealer for oily skin. It can smoothen your skin and also refine it at the same time. It also reduces the shine on your face effectively due to the matte finish of the product. This makeup product is made in such a way that it effectively controls oil from your face for 8 hours at a stretch and also reduces the appearance of pores on your skin. Unlike many other concealers at the stores, this product will give you a silky-smooth finish and not a greasy feeling.
You have the privilege to use the Rimmel Stay Matte Primer either as a standalone skin primer or under any other makeup. This product is also preferred by those of you who do not like the idea of using tons of makeup products on the face. Even if you are in a hurry and still want to look at your best, this concealer can be one of the best options for you.
Pros and Cons
- The Rimmel Stay Matte Primer can easily last for a minimum of 8 long hours.
- There are several users who do not need any additional face powder to use with this product.
- It has a matte finish.
- It is very fast to apply.
- This concealer also works like a charm when it comes to controlling facial oil.
- Some users do not like the idea of having to rub it in.
- The smell seems peculiar to some users.
Glo Skin Beauty’s Oil-Free Camouflage
The Glo Skin Beauty’s Oil-Free Camouflage is the best concealer for acne oily skin, since it provides coverage without actually clogging the pores of your skin. It is suitable for all types of skin. Even if you have sensitive skin, you can easily use this concealer without worrying about anything bad happening. The best part about this concealer is that you can easily use it anywhere on your face. Whether you wish to conceal under eye dark circles or spots, or acne scars, this makeup product provides you with full coverage. It also comes with a perfect blend of vitamins E, C, and A along with green tea extract.
Several users have said that setting the concealer with the help of a facial powder actually helps it to stay in place for the entire day. You may also use this concealer as a primer on your eyelids before you apply eye-shadow to let it last all day.
Pros and Cons
- One of the best concealer for acne and oily skin, the Glo Skin Beauty’s Oil-Free Camouflage can easily deal with dark spots, acne scars, and several other imperfections.
- The best part about this concealer is that it can be used on almost every skin type.
- This product comes with several antioxidants blended with various vitamins.
- It is absolutely talc and paraben free.
- This concealer is also cruelty-free.
- Some users are not happy with the quantity of the concealer.
- There are several users who say that it tends to wear off fast.
Sheer Cover Two-Toned Concealer Duo
The Sheer Cover Two-Toned Concealer Duo is basically a 2 toned concealer and also the best under eye concealer for oily skin made by the manufacturer. This product is made to conceal skin imperfections, blemishes, and scars very easily and not give you a cakey or dry appearance. You also get a free concealer brush with this product that can help you apply it properly.
You can easily mix both the light and the dark shade in order to get the shade that best matches with your skin tone. You may both apply it under or over your foundation and also use it simply as a concealer. The quantity you apply is completely based on the coverage you wish to get. Less coverage will demand less concealer and vice versa. It is best when it comes to concealing red spots, acne, and dark spots on your facial skin.
Pros and Cons
- The Sheer Cover Two-Toned Concealer Duo comes with a free concealer brush.-It is a lightweight makeup product and is available in a travel-sized package.-This concealer comes with allantoin to boost your skin health and jojoba.-It is easily compatible for all skin types.
- The size of the package is not liked by many users as being too small.-It is difficult to apply the product in your eyelids.
Almay Clear Complexion Oil-Free Concealer
The Almay Clear Complexion Oil-Free Concealer uses the Blemish Heal technology in order to quicken the healing process of acne on your skin. The best part about this product is that it works both as a healer and a concealer at the same time. It comes with salicylic acid, which makes it suitable for oily skin types. This ingredient works like a charm when it comes to dealing with oily acne prone skin.
This concealer also comes with meadowsweet, which is a botanical. This is used to purify your skin and, along with chamomile and Aloe Vera, it also helps to cure any skin irritations. The best way to use this product is to wash your face first and then use the concealer to dot the areas that have scars or acne. You may use anywhere between 1 and 3 layers of the product.
Pros and Cons
- You get a sponge wand application along with the Almay Clear Complexion Oil-Free Concealer to help you avoid any wastage of the product.
- It comes with Aloe Vera and different types of calming botanicals-chamomile.
- This concealer is very simple to match with your skin tone.
- It can also effectively dry out acne eruptions.
- This product is suitable for sensitive skin.
- It is best to avoid applying this concealer near your eyes.
- It may not last for as long as you may prefer it to last.
EverGlam BB Skin Perfecter
The EverGlam BB Skin Perfecter is considered to be one of the best concealers for people with oily skin. It is designed to be an all-in-one perfecter for your skin and also conceal spots, moisturize your facial skin, and boost your skin tone. This makeup product also comes with SPF 30 to help you stay safe from sun damages.
The EverGlam BB Skin Perfecter is designed in such a way that it controls oil and also fights against wrinkles at the same time. It comes with antioxidants such as algae and purslane in order to help your skin retain its youthful look. This product is quite effective in covering blemishes and redness, as well as, hydrate your skin while providing a lightweight finish.
Pros and Cons
- The EverGlam BB Skin Perfecter comes with SPF 30 protection.
- It happens to be one of the best oil-control concealers.
- This product has various botanical extracts such as algae and sugar beet root.
- The formula used in the making of this concealer helps in skin firming.
- It is free from cruelty and paraben.
- It is only available in light medium shade.
- Some users claim that this is one of the average concealers.
Maybelline New York Fit Me Matte + Poreless
The Maybelline New York Fit Me Matte + Poreless is available in a one-ounce package and is said to be suitable for users with normal to oily skin types. The designing of the concealer is such that it easily controls facial skin oil and reduces the appearance of pores on your skin. Maybelline New York provides this product, which is one of the best concealer for oily skin drugstore makeup, at a top of the line quality.
Unlike several other concealers in the market that claim to be the best concealer for oily skin and acne scars, this product does not highlight any fine lines on your skin. Thus, there is no need for you to get worried about the Maybelline New York Fit Me Matte + Poreless making your wrinkles visible. This makeup product does not dry up very fast. This also leaves the product with plenty of time to blend.
Pros and Cons
- The Maybelline New York Fit Me Matte + Poreless is quite natural and gives you a flawless finish.
- This concealer is available in 40 different shades.
- It can be termed as one of the best concealers for oily skin and acne as it controls oil throughout the day.
- If you love to take selfies, then this concealer can help you get photo flash friendly snaps on your phone.
- It can easily blend.
- Some users have complained of skin irritation.
- There are some users who said that they wish this product would come with a pump.
BareMinerals Matte SPF 15 Foundation
The BareMinerals Matte SPF 15 Foundation comes in a 8gm package so that you can easily carry it with you wherever you go. If you have oily skin and would prefer to use some sort of coverage, this makeup product can be a great option for you. It is basically a lightweight powder that can either be applied under your makeup or you may even use it by itself.
Even if you have sensitive skin, you can safely use this concealer, as it has no record of irritating the skin. Users say that the product comes in a perfect blend and is a very natural looking concealer. Once you apply it in the morning, you can well forget about it as it lasts for around 12 hours.
Pros and Cons
- The BareMiinerals Matte SPF 15 Foundation helps the skin pores become less noticeable.
- It comes with SPF 15 for added sun protection.
- One package of the product lasts for around 4 to 5 months.
- It is very simple to apply the concealer and it is a non-irritating product.
- This makeup product also provides a lightweight foundation.
- Some users have doubts about the authenticity of this concealer being a BareMinerals product.
- The color of this product is more on the orange side as per some users.
ELF maximum Coverage Concealer
The ELF maximum Coverage Concealer is available in a small sized long lasting tube pack. It is designed to suit all skin tones and it is cruelty and oil-free concealer. This makes it suitable for those of you who have allergies of some sort. This product is one of those lightweight concealers and you may also set it with powder in order to complete your look. You may also apply it on top of your average sunscreen.
Users have said that after application of this product, it tends to reduce the oily patches on the facial skin. It is aptly suited to cover various types of blemishes and scars such as tattoos, birthmark, scars, and spider veins. It is also effective in covering rosacea.
Pros and Cons
- The ELF maximum Coverage Concealer helps to reduce the oiliness from your skin.
- You may use it on other parts of your body along with your face.
- It is effective enough to cover tattoos and acne coverage or scars.
- One package lasts for close to 2 months.
- This concealer is not meant for heavy coverage.
- It tends to get absorb in your skin, which may force you to apply more than one layer.
SHANY Cosmetics Two Way Foundation
If you are looking for a concealer to use every day, then the SHANY Cosmetics Two Way Foundation will be a good option for you. It is suitable for all types of coverages such as light, medium or full. The formula used in the making of this product especially targets the oily spots at the T-zone of your facial skin. This means the area around your forehead, nose, and chin.
You may use this concealer as dry or wet. However, some users say that they prefer to use this makeup product as wet. Nonetheless, it provides a flawless finish and the coverage also lasts for a long time.
Pros and Cons
- The SHANY Cosmetics Two Way Foundation is free from paraben and talc.
- It effectively controls the oils in the T-zone without drying the skin.
- The formula used in making this concealer is one of the best and blended with vitamin E.
- This makeup product is best suited for any type of skin such as oily, dry or acne-prone.
- It creates a full, medium or light coverage.
- It does not come with any mirrors as it is advertised.
- Some users have to struggle with the wet application consistency.
Finding the right type of concealer for your facial skin is a big challenge. However, this gets tougher if you have oily or dry skin. In such cases, it is essential for you to take proper steps to choose the concealer that will not do any harm to your skin. It is essential for you to remember that even if you have oily skin, you need to moisturize your skin to help it remain supple and shiny for a long time.