Have you never heard about resveratrol? Well, there is nothing to worry about since you will soon hear a lot about it. Resveratrol was often known as the “French Paradox” during the 90’s. Even to this day, the nutrient is termed as the new wonder supplement simply because of the wide array of benefits associated with it. You may often find yourself asking the question why resveratrol was called the “French Paradox.” You probably know that the Frenchmen are popular for their wine drinking and consumption of fatty food habits. However, they still fall at the bottom of the list of people suffering from heart ailments.
Numerous tests and research work were carried out, and scientists found out that the secret to their longevity is mainly due to a specific compound called Resveratrol. This compound comes from the skin of grapes and also happens to be a key ingredient in red wine. Resveratrol behaves as an antioxidant and is mainly found in the stems, seeds, and skin of grapes, peanuts, Japanese Knotweed, some forms of bamboo, and donkey rhubarb.
There are several health benefits of Resveratrol, some of which have been discussed below for your knowledge.
- When it comes to health benefits, the first that comes to your mind is the anti-aging benefits of resveratrol. It helps in this process both externally and internally, which also includes restraining and reversing the effects of any age-related conditions, such as mental decline and osteoporosis.
- Amongst several health benefits, resveratrol also helps to prevent arthritis, especially osteoarthritis. This form of arthritis is usually formed as a result of cartilage breakdown between the various joints in your body. This can often result in a lack of mobility and several pain. Resveratrol treats joint aches and also protects the cartilages from deteriorating with age.
- You probably now that wine can effectively reduce blood pressure. This is also one of the benefits of resveratrol. It is a good way to ensure a healthy heart.
- Some studies have also revealed that resveratrol can also protect the human brain. It helps to reduce seizures and also control some form of neurotoxicities. Resveratrol has also been proved to increase your lifespan and delay Alzheimer’s disease. Some studies have also revealed that the compound is effective in boosting your memory. It can be said that part of these effects on your health can be due to the anti-inflammatory and antioxidant nature of the resveratrol.
- Resveratrol has also proved its worth when it comes to boosting your performance and increasing muscle growth in your body.
- It has also been seen that resveratrol may regulate and balance the metabolism in obese people by increasing the insulin sensitivity in their body. There are studies that also prove that the compound is highly effective in treating and preventing diabetes.
Information Every Informed Buyer Should Know When Looking For the Right Resveratrol Supplement
It is true that resveratrol has a lot of potential of doing good things to your overall health. However, it is also essential for you to note that the majority of the tests have been performed on mammals, except humans, such as rabbits and mice. Although the tests did not show any major risks associated with the consumption of the compound, there is no conclusive or definite recommendation as to the amount of resveratrol that is necessary to help you enjoy benefits.
Tests have revealed that resveratrol blocks some specific enzymes, which may be helpful in clearing some specific compounds from your body. This means that resveratrol can easily allow certain medications that you may be taking to build to unsafe levels in your body. This is why it is essential that you consult with a doctor before starting consuming resveratrol. He can advise you as to which medications to stop before starting resveratrol. If you are anemic, you may not be allowed to have resveratrol because it can easily bind to iron in your blood.
It is also a probability that a resveratrol supplement may interact with various blood thinners, as well as, NSAID medications such as naproxen, ibuprofen, and aspirin. Even the best resveratrol supplement may interact with your estrogen levels. This is why if any woman in your family has a history of ovarian or uterine cancer or has uterine fibroids or endometriosis, she is best advised not to have a resveratrol best supplement. Just like always, it is always better to discuss with your doctor about any resveratrol supplement that you are already taking or wish to take if you have recently undergone surgery or have surgery due in the coming days. This is also important if you are planning to get pregnant or are already pregnant or even breastfeeding your child.
Best Resveratrol Supplements
ZHOU Resveratrol Supplement
The Zhou Nutrition’s Resveratrol Capsules contain 500mg of trans-resveratrol and each day the normal dosage is 2 capsules that brings up the total of resveratrol supplement to 1000mg per day. Some of the other ingredients found in this product include vegetable cellulose, silica, and rice flour. The price of the supplement may seem a bit deceptive to you. Considering the fact that each package contains a month’s worth of pills, the product appears a bit on the costlier side.
The Zhou Nutrition’s Resveratrol Capsules is free from soy, milk, gluten, eggs, tree nuts, shellfish, preservatives, peanuts, animal products, and wheat. If you are allergic to any of these ingredients, then this supplement will be a good option for you.it also happens to be a non-GMP and GMO product and is made in a FDA registered facility.
Pros and Cons
- The ZHOU Resveratrol Supplement only contains trans-resveratrol as one of the active ingredients.
- It is absolutely free from eggs, soy, gluten, milk, tree nuts, fish, wheat, shellfish, peanuts, and any other artificial -ingredients.
- This supplement is GMP manufactured, lab tested and non-GMO.
- The price of this supplement is slightly on the higher side.
NOW Natural Resveratrol
The best part about the NOW Natural Resveratrol is that it comes with a very low price tag that makes it affordable for many. Another positive factor about this product is that it is not at all contaminated by gluten, milk, wheat, soy, shellfish, tree nuts, fish, and eggs. Although the label on the packaging states that it is free of GMO and GMP, there is no certification to back this claim.
However, on the negative side, the NOW Natural Resveratrol does contain certain fillers such as cellulose powder, cellulose, silica, and magnesium stearate. Each capsule contains 10mg of red wine extract and 400mg of resveratrol. If you are a bit tight on your budget, then this supplement will be a good option for you. However, if you also wish to use a supplement that is free of any allergen or fillers, then you may have to look for some other option.
Pros and Cons
- The price of the NOW Natural Resveratrol is on the lower side.
- Each serving of 2 capsules contains 400mg of resveratrol.
- It is a non-GMP and GMO product.
- It is aptly suited for vegetarians.
- The NOW Natural Resveratrol contains various fillers such as magnesium stearate and silica.
There is no doubt about the versatility of resveratrol, and if you get it in the form of powder, then the versatility factor gets more important. You can easily modify the dosage as per your personal needs, and you can also mix the powder into any topical product of your choice such as your preferred night cream in order to enjoy the anti-aging benefits of the compound.
According to resveratrol supplement review, Bulk Supplements usually market their products as being bioavailable. This simply means that the product is easily usable by your body. If you have just started using the compound and regularly experiment in order to determine the right dose for your body, then this is a great option for you. You can be rest assured of enjoying several of the resveratrol supplement benefits from this product as this is lab tested and comes with no fillers.
Pros and Cons
- The Bulk Supplements is both certified, and lab tested.
- It comes with a fair price tag
- It is basically a transform of resveratrol.
- You can easily change your dose depending upon your own requirements.
- There are no fillers in this product.
- Those of you who prefer to have capsules instead of powder may not like this product.
Life Extension Optimized Resveratrol
The Life Extension Optimized Resveratrol comes with 250mg of trans-resveratrol, as well as, other ingredients that can enhance the potency of the compound. Some of these ingredients include red grapes, wild blueberries, quercetin, trans-pterostilbene, and fisetin. The Life Extension Optimized Resveratrol is usually recommended by doctors to patients, who have been through chemotherapy recently, a form of treatment.
Although the maker of this supplement boasts of using non-GMO ingredients, there is no indication that it is free of gluten, soy, and other possible allergens. Have you ever experimented with different doses of resveratrol on yourself in the past? Are you searching for a supplement that has other complementary ingredients that boost the effectiveness of resveratrol? The synergistic ingredients in the Life Extension Optimized Resveratrol may fulfill your search for such a product.
Pros and Cons
- The Life Extension Optimized Resveratrol is a non-GMP supplement.
- The special blend of the product may enhance the effectiveness of the compound.
- It is certainly not free from several fillers and also contains certain allergens.
- The dosage of resveratrol is rather small.
Purest Vantage Trans-Resveratrol
Purest Vantage claims that the ingredients used in their resveratrol supplement help to boost the effectiveness of the supplement. Some of the other ingredients that help in such matters include acai fruit extract, grape seed extract, quercetin, green tea extract, as well as red wine extract. The Purest Vantage Trans-Resveratrol has a 1400mg dosage that contains 600mg of resveratrol. This may initially give you the feeling that it is relatively middle price point if you take into account the daily dosage of 2 capsules. However, once you consider the dosage factor, you will understand that it is quite expensive.
The makers do claim that their resveratrol supplement is free from gluten, sugar, wheat, soy, various fillers, and binders. If you are not too disturbed with the high price tag and wish to have a good dose of antioxidants along with a healthy dose of resveratrol, then the Purest Vantage Trans-Resveratrol will be a good option.
Pros and Cons
- It is absolutely vegan safe and does not contain any GMO ingredients.
- The Purest Vantage Trans-Resveratrol is completely free from soy, gluten, sugar, wheat, fillers, binders, as well as other additives.
- The supplement is made in the US.
- It is a nice blend of several antioxidants.
- The price of the Purest Vantage Trans-Resveratrol is pretty high.
- You need to consume 2 pills every day.
Biotiva – Bio-Enhanced Transmax Resveratrol
Although the price of this supplement is higher than most other competitors, if you are not worried about the price and just want to have a very potent resveratrol supplement, then the Biotiva – Bio-Enhanced Transmax Resveratrol will be a great option for you. It comes with 500mg of the compound and includes all pure ingredients extracted from organically grown wild plant sources.
Pros and Cons
- The Biotiva – Bio-Enhanced Transmax Resveratrol contains 98% pure trans-resveratrol along with 100% pure polygonum cuspidatum extract from organic and wild plant sources.
- This supplement is free from artificial colors, silica, as well as, magnesium stearate.
- It is Halal and Kosher.
- The resveratrol supplement also comes with a gluten-free and vegan certificate.
- The product has been tested on a number of humans at several medical institutions.
- The price of the product is pretty high.
Purity Labs Certified Organic Trans-Resveratrol Anti-Aging Superfood Supplement
Plenty of things taking place with the Purity Labs Certified Organic Trans-Resveratrol Supplement. Most importantly, their packaging is rather confusing. It is listed on the product that the supplement contains 1400mg of resveratrol. However, the truth is that all the ingredients total to 1400mg. The content of resveratrol in each capsule is 500mg.
The recommended serving per user is 3 pills each day. The entire package contains 90 capsules, which means that one package will last 1 month. The manufacturer claims that this supplement contains the highest resveratrol content. However, this is not true since each capsule contains 500mg of the compound as per their ingredients label.
Apart from trans-resveratrol the Purity Labs Certified Organic Trans-Resveratrol Supplement also contains various antioxidants such as grape seed, pomegranate, vitamin C, and green tea. All of this combined help to boost the effects of resveratrol. Purity Labs claim that apart from various certified organic ingredients, the capsules do not contain any trans-fats, unnecessary fillers, soy, sugar, dairy, and artificial colors and flavors. The supplement is also free of GMO, wheat, and gluten.
Pros and Cons
- The Purity Labs Certified Organic Trans-Resveratrol Anti-Aging Superfood Supplement is a certified organic and vegetarian supplement.
- It is completely free of dairy, additives, soy, gluten, sugar, trans-fats, GMO ingredients, artificial flavors, artificial colors, and preservatives.
- The supplement uses trans-resveratrol.
- The quality of this product is tested by a third party.
- This supplement comes with a rather confusing dosage labeling.
- As compared to the serving size, the price is rather high.
Reserveage Nutrition’s Resveratrol
According to the manufacturer, the Reserveage Nutrition’s Resveratrol comes with an award-winning time release blend that is designed to activate and support the SIRTI longevity gene. This resveratrol supplement provides antioxidant protection, as well as, cellular rejuvenation. This is possible due to the reduction of heat, light, as well as, the oxidation that the grapes maintain to safeguard the essential phytonutrients. The product is also gluten-free and clinically studied.
The Reserveage Nutrition’s Resveratrol also has quercetin as an added ingredient. This compound is synergetic with resveratrol and also has the potential of helping your body absorb resveratrol properly. Unlike other resveratrol supplements, this product can quell the feeling of nausea that other supplements may have caused you.
Pros and Cons
- The Reserveage Nutrition’s Resveratrol is free of any type of fillers and does not contain any harmful allergens.
- This product is suitable for vegetarians.
- This supplement is partially derived from whole grapes that are organically grown.
- Quercetin happens to be an added ingredient in the supplement.
- It is completely gluten-free and also 100% vegan and clinically studied.
- The price of the Reserveage Nutrition’s Resveratrol is slightly on the higher side.
Eniva Resvante Trans Resveratrol Liquid Dietary Supplement
If you do not like to have supplements in the form of pills or powder, then the Eniva Resvante Trans Resveratrol Liquid Dietary Supplement should be to your liking. It comes in a liquid form which makes consumption of the supplement very simple for you. In spite of the heavy price tag, this supplement does provide a bagful of health benefits.
According to the product label, it is clinically tested, and doctor formulated. It also states that there are no artificial colors or flavors in the supplement and it is completely free of gluten and sulfates. It has not been pasteurized to safe-keep the benefits. The Eniva Resvante Trans Resveratrol Liquid Dietary Supplement comes with 100mg of trans-resveratrol and 1000mg of red wine complex. This complex is a mix of red wine, grape seed extract, cranberries, fruit extracts, quercetin, pomegranate extract, lyceum berry extract, and acai berry extract. If you are not worried about the pricing of this product and wish to enjoy the various health benefits of it, then it will be a good option for you.
Pros and Cons
- The Eniva Resvante Trans Resveratrol Liquid Dietary Supplement comes in a liquid form that makes it very easy to use for you.
- The product is specially made to be friendly to diabetic patients and vegetarians.
- The resveratrol Walmart supplement is cold pressed and does not come with irradiation or pasteurization.
- Some of the best resveratrol supplement reviews state that the Eniva Resvante Trans Resveratrol Liquid Dietary Supplement contains trans-resveratrol and red wine extract.
- It is free of gluten, artificial colors, and flavors.
- This supplement does provide a lot of benefits but comes with a pretty heavy price tag.
Bri Nutrition Resveratrol
As compared to any other resveratrol supplement Walmart, the Bri Nutrition Resveratrol packs in a lot of punch. It comes with 600mg of the compound per serving as compared to 500mg in most other competitors. The manufacturer also advertises that the product is made entirely in the US with Good Manufacturing Practices.
This resveratrol supplement Amazon comes with certain synergistic and antioxidant ingredients that also includes green tea extract, pomegranate, quercetin, and grape seed extract. According to the manufacturer of the Bri Nutrition Resveratrol, they test the quality of their product at various stages during the entire process of production. This also helps them stand by the purity of their supplement. However, they do not mention that their products are free of potential allergens and fillers. On the contrary, their list of ingredients does contain the names magnesium stearate and microcrystalline cellulose.
Pros and Cons
- The Bri Nutrition Resveratrol is made completely in the USA.
- It contains 600mg of the resveratrol compound.
- The product is aptly suited for veggies.
- It is also GMP certified.
- According to various resveratrol supplement reviews, the Bri Nutrition Resveratrol comes with certain fillers, which include Magnesium Stearate and Microcrystalline Cellulose .
- The product is not labeled as being free of dairy, gluten, and other potential allergens.
One of the crucial and powerful links to a wide array of health benefits is the resveratrol compound. It not just helps you with anti-aging, improved brain health, and enhanced longevity, it also helps your body against various types of cancers. However, as far as the dosage of resveratrol is concerned, there are still some studies to find out more about it. If you are keen to boost your energy levels and also enjoy the benefits of a strong antioxidant, then resveratrol will be a good option. Do not forget to seek proper medical guidance before starting the supplement.