Many of you may be wondering about what do amino acids do for working out. Well, all the essential amino acids, needed by your body, are not produced by your body. You need to have it from any external source such as a supplement. These amino acids help to build the type of protein that is necessary for the building and maintenance of lean and strong muscles. These types of protein are also essential to reduce muscle soreness and fatigue that may happen due to strenuous workout sessions. An adequate amount of protein can also help in muscle recovery after workout.
Apart from helping you build lean and strong muscles and recovery of tired muscles, amino acids supplements can help you in many other ways. First of all, amino acids supplements enhance the rate at which your body burns fat. If you are exercising to shed unwanted body fat, have a proper supplement that will contain amino acids.
Amino acids also help you to fight against mental fatigue. If you exercise for long hours, you are bound to suffer from mental fatigue. This is simply because once the level of BCAA in your body goes below a certain level, your body automatically produces tryptophan, which gradually turns into serotonin in your brain. This leads to mental fatigue and tiredness. Thus, amino acids benefits for working out and also to fight off mental tiredness.
Just as amino acids help to fight against mental fatigue, it also helps to boost mental focus. When you have the best supplements for muscle recovery and growth, the amino acids in the product will reduce the production of tryptophan in your body. As a result of this, your processing abilities and short-term memory will improve. If you are about to sit for a competition that is bound to last for several hours, having the right protein for muscle recovery and growth that will also contain amino acids will help you a lot.
Information Every Informed Buyer Should Know When Looking For Amino Acids for Working Out, Muscle Growth, and Recovery
It is true that the main nutrient needed to promote muscle growth and recovery is BCAA or branched chain amino acids. Here are certain points that you should remember when it comes to BCAA.
- In order to get the best possible results of BCAA, the best time to have it is after you are done with your workout schedule.
- You will not find sufficient amount of amino acids in foods. Thus, having the best supplement for muscle recovery and growth that contains amino acids will be a good idea.
- Apart from helping you with muscle recovery and growth, BCAA can also help you get some relief from mental fatigue due to a long workout schedule.
- It is always a good idea to discuss with your doctor even before you begin having the best amino acids for working out supplement. These may interfere with certain medications and pregnant and breastfeeding women should avoid having such supplements completely.
Best Amino Acids for Working Out, Muscle Growth, And Recovery
Optimum Nutrition Amino Energy
You may have some of the best foods for muscle recovery and growth. However, it may not be sufficient for your body. When it comes to health supplements, ON or Optimum Nutrition is one of the age-old names in this category. The company has some of the best health supplements available on the market. It is true that you will come across several fitness supplements that will try a lot to give you an edge just by giving you the feel of caffeine through artificial sources. However, if you wish to try nothing but the natural caffeine in your supplement, then try the Optimum Nutrition Amino Energy.
Unlike some of the popular amino acids supplements at the stores, Optimum Nutrition Amino Energy will give you the right level of energy with a 100mg of caffeine obtained from the natural sources. These will include green tea and coffee beans. This will also help you digest the supplement without much trouble.
The formula used in the making of this supplement is made in such a way that you can have this product anytime during the day. Whether you wish to remain energized and focused in the morning or afternoon or even after work when you decide to go to the gym. It is available in multiple flavors to choose from as per your preference.
Pros and Cons
- The Optimum Nutrition Amino Energy supplement does not contain any sugar.
- This product features natural sources of caffeine.
- It is available in an orange cooler flavor.
- There is a probability that the supplement may leave behind a residue on your cup.
- Some users have complained that it is too sweet.
See Product Details on Amazon
Sheer Strength Labs BCAA Capsules
The formula used in the making of the Sheer Strength Labs BCAA Capsules supplement is rather potent in nature and ensures that you get the most benefits for your buck. This will also help you get the most out of your regular workout schedule. The presence of amino acids in the supplement will also help in muscle growth and overcome muscle soreness, which is a common thing if you exercise at the gym.
This supplement is also made in such a way that it enhances the fat burning process of your body. This means that as your body builds lean and strong muscles, it will also lose excess body weight through the fat burning process. As a result of this, you will look ripped faster than otherwise. This supplement also comes with a money back guarantee so that you can try it for some time and if you do not get the desired results, you may opt for money back.
Pros and Cons
- The pills in the Sheer Strength Labs BCAA Capsules packaging are easy to swallow.
- The product is made with an extra-strength formula.
- It also comes with a money-back guarantee.
- The supplement may cause fatigue for some users.
- It may also give rise to stomach problems for some.
Thorne Research Amino Complex
Do you have a food allergy or sensitivity to anything specific? In that case, trying to find the right type of amino acids supplement for you will be a tedious task. However, this does not mean that you have to avoid such supplements due to your allergies. You can try Thorne Research Amino Complex supplement, which is free from most of the major allergens. This will make you safer while you have the product and also get the best possible benefits.
The Thorne Research Amino Complex supplement is designed in such a way that it promotes lean muscle mass and helps to boost your energy levels. It is suitable for anybody who is into sports and various types of fitness related activities. Even if you need some sort of additional support for your muscles, you can have this supplement.
The active ingredient found in this supplement is one of the most clinically researched ingredients. It does not contain gluten, fish, soy, shellfish, dairy, and yeast. It is also free from peanuts, eggs, and tree nuts.
Pros and Cons
- The Thorne Research Amino Complex supplement is available in a lemon flavor.
- This product is free from various types of major allergens.
- The ingredients used in the making of this supplement are clinically researched and quite active.
- The cost of the supplement is on the higher side.
- Some users have said that they suffered from stomach problems after having this supplement.
Bulk Supplements BCAA Branched Chain Essential Amino Acids
Do you wish to use a simple amino acids supplement that is pure and comes at a pocket-friendly price? Well, the BulkSupplements BCAA Branched Chain Essential Amino Acids will be a good option for you. It is available in the form of a powder and is free from any type of additives or fillers. The quality and purity of the supplement are lab tested and the product itself is available in a zip pouch that makes it very convenient for you to store it anywhere you want.
The BulkSupplements BCAA Branched Chain Essential Amino Acids supplement is designed to help you with muscle growth and burn fat faster than normal. This is possible as the BCAA in the supplement signals the enzymes in tour body to activate protein synthesis, which helps in muscle growth, as well as, maintenance.
This supplement is also good at speeding up the process of muscle recovery in your body after a workout schedule. It helps to boost your energy levels so that you can exercise for longer hours at the gym.
Pros and Cons
- The Bulk Supplements BCAA Branched Chain Essential Amino Acids supplement is in the form of a powder.
- The product is lab tested.
- There are no fillers or additives in this supplement.
- Some of you may notice a slight bitter taste.
- The powder can be a bit messy at times.
MET-Rx BCAA 2200
All the main nutrients needed to promote muscle growth and recovery are found in the MET-Rx BCAA 2200. Apart from helping your muscles grow and recover faster, this supplement is also capable of burning more fat and boosting your energy levels. This will help you exercise for longer hours at the gym.
This supplement is one of those products in this category that is a potent blend of 3 essential and different BCAAs or branched chain amino acids. It provides muscle nitrogen support and also helps to build all the essential proteins in your body that are important to boost your energy levels.
The vitamin B6 found in this product helps to optimize BCAA metabolism. This helps your body get the most benefits from the consumption of the nutrient. The MET-Rx BCAA 2200 supplement is especially designed for athletes and bodybuilders, as well as, anyone who normally exercises heavily and for long hours at the gym.
Pros and Cons
- The MET-Rx BCAA 2200 supplement contains vitamin B6.
- It is in the form of soft gels.
- The price of the supplement is well within your budget.
- This supplement is not meant for vegans.
- The pills have a tendency of breaking very easily.
Optimum Nutrition Mega-Size BCAA
When it comes to having a health supplement, you will always want to try the best-branded products available at the stores. Whether you are a professional bodybuilder or someone who simply takes his fitness seriously, one of the best amino acids supplements you can try is the Optimum Nutrition Mega-Size BCAA.
Optimum Nutrition has been in the field of health supplements for a long time and has made a name for itself in the market. The primary aim of the company is to provide sports nutrition products that are high in terms of quality. The capsules are packed with 1000mg of BCAA in the most preferred ratio of 2:1:1 of leucine to isoleucine to valine. You can have the capsules in-between meals and also before and after your training schedules.
Pros and Cons
- The Optimum Nutrition Mega
- Size BCAA supplements are very easy to swallow.
- You can also take the supplement with another protein shake.
- It provides a good value for the price.
- The pills are too large to for some users.
- Some have even complained that the supplement is not strong enough.
Natureganics MEGA BCAA
You will notice that more and more fitness enthusiasts and professional bodybuilders are opting for the vegetarian road to muscle building. This may either be for the well-being of their health or for the environment in general. If are also a vegan, then you will obviously search for an amino acids supplement that is absolutely vegan. Try the Natureganics MEGA BCAA supplements, which is vegan and also filled with all the essential nutrients useful for building lean and strong muscles.
The formula used in the making of this supplement is completely free from gluten and it also happens to be a non-GMO product. This makes it suitable for any type of diet that you may follow in your daily lifestyle. This supplement also comes with a money-back guarantee, which means that you may try it for some time without worrying about losing your hard earned money.
Pros and Cons
- The Natureganics MEGA BCAA supplements are completely vegan.
- The product is free from gluten.
- It is a non-GMO product.Cons
- If you have this supplement or a long time you may soon become tolerant to caffeine.
- The pills are larger in size.
Scivation Xtend BCAA
If you wish to have an amino acids supplement that does more than any other ordinary supplement in this category, then try the Scivation Xtend BCAA supplement. Apart from reducing muscular fatigue, muscle soreness, burning body fat, and repairing damaged muscles, this supplement does much more in order to impress you.
This supplement contains electrolytes that helps you to remain well hydrated even when you tend to sweat hard during your workout routines at the gym. This will prevent you from getting dehydrated, which may harm you more than any other reason. This supplement contains 7gm of BCAA, 3.5gm of Leucine that is good for muscle protein synthesis, 2.5gm of L-Glutamine, as well as, 1gm of Citrulline Malate. It does not contain any calories, carbs or sugar.
Pros and Cons
- The Scivation Xtend BCAA supplement is available in a watermelon flavor.
- This supplement helps to restore electrolyte.
- It is free from carbs and sugar.
- This supplement may cause headaches for some users.
- It also has a tendency of leaving behind an aftertaste.
FitMiss Women’s BCAA Powder
If you are a woman, then it is also possible for you to feel as if you need to build muscles and lose excess fat. There are many professional women bodybuilders around the globe. The world of bodybuilding is not limited to men alone. Keeping this in mind, you will find the supplement at stores, which is specially designed for women users. It is made for those of you who wish to build muscles, get a well-toned body, shed excess body weight, and gain proper physical strength.
Since this supplement is made only for women, you can be assured of getting something which is made in accordance with your own physical needs. It will also help you get the proper results that you wanted all these days. Even if you are a professional athlete or a fitness enthusiasts, you may try this supplement. The best part about it is that it is tested to make sure that it is absolutely free from any type of banned substances.
It is available in a strawberry margarita flavor, which makes it taste very good indeed. It is free from calories, sugars, and carbs. It also comes with a 30 days money-back guarantee so that you can try it for a month and if the results are not to your liking you can get your money back.
Pros and Cons
- The FitMiss Women’s BCAA Powder supplement is available in a strawberry margarita flavor.
- It does not contain any carbs.
- The supplement is tested for various types of banned substances.
- The flavor may appear to be too mild for some users.
- It has a tendency of causing stomach bloat.
BSN Amino X Supplement
Just because you spend a lot of time at the gym, exercising to look lean and muscular, does not mean that you will have to settle for an amino acids supplement that tastes terrible. There are some supplements which come in several tasty flavors. BSN Amino X Supplement is one of those products. This supplement comes in a strawberry dragonfruit flavor. It is available in the form of a powder so that you do not have to swallow king sized pills after a hectic day at the gym.
This amino acids supplement is also free from caffeine and sugar, which prevents you from getting jitters or crashes which are common for many other amino acids supplements at stores. It also contains vitamin B6, which assist the amino acids to produce energy in your body almost immediately.
Pros and Cons
- The BSN Amino X Supplement is available in a strawberry dragonfruit flavor.
- The supplement is available in the form of a powder.
- It is absolutely free from caffeine.
- It does contain sucralose.
- Some users have complained that the flavor seems to be sour.
Many of you may have had questions about the usefulness of amino acids when it comes to building muscles. However, the above-discussed list of supplements and their individual benefits may have cleared most of your doubts in mind. It is true that there are several types of amino acids supplements on the market. The main challenge lies in choosing the best one for your own body. Not every person has the same type of body. Thus, a product may react differently for different people.
The best way to choose the best possible supplement for yourself is to try a few tried and tested ones at the stores. Most of them come with a money-back guarantee. This means that even if you do not get the results of your dreams there is nothing to worry about when it comes to losing your hard earned money. Even if you do not workout sincerely at the gym on a daily basis, there are certain amino acids supplements which work even while you are asleep. It boosts your metabolism and burns fat even when your body is not at its active state at night. All you need is some time and patience when it comes to choosing the best amino acids supplements.