If you are a fitness enthusiast, you will know more or less everything about green tea. It is made from the camellia sinensis plant. However, it is also true that the leaf buds and the dried leaves of camellia sinensis is used to make various types of teas. Unlike most other types of teas, making green tea has a different procedure altogether. It is basically made by steaming and then pan-frying the leaves of the camellia sinensis plant, followed by drying them. In order to make other types of teas, the leaves have to go through the process of fermentation.
The percentage of people consuming green tea on a daily basis is pretty high. There are also some who prefer to have green tea extracts, which are basically in their concentrated forms and available in the form of capsules. If you have just a single pill every day, your body will get the same benefits as having a cup of the tea on a daily basis. Just like having green tea, the supplements rich in green tea extracts can also provide you with antioxidants that are highly beneficial for your overall health.
The most essential parts of green tea are the leaf buds and the stems. Since it does not go through the process of fermentation, it is easily able to maintain all the essential molecules known as polyphenols. These molecules are the primary cause of the various health benefits of having this tea. Polyphenols are useful in the prevention of swelling and inflammation, as well as, protection of the cartilage between the various bones in your body. According to various tests, polyphenols are able to fight against HPV or human papilloma virus infections and also lower down the production of abnormal cells in the cervix region.
According to research, green tea is said to contain approximately 2% to 4% of caffeine, which can positively affect your thinking abilities and your alertness. It is also essential for those of you who suffer from Parkinson’s as it improves the various functions of brain messengers. On the other hand, caffeine releases neurotransmitters in the brain due to which it can effectively stimulate your muscles, heart, and nervous system.
Information Every Informed Buyer Should Know When Looking For Green Tea Extracts and Supplements
Although most of you know that green tea is extremely beneficial for your overall health, there are still many of you who do not much about green tea and its benefits. Here are some facts and health benefits of green tea extracts discussed.
- Green tea is one of the highest sources of antioxidants you will ever come across. It is because of this feature that this drink is exceptionally beneficial for your overall health. Antioxidants can fight against cell damages that are caused by free radicals.
- Green tea can improve your overall heart health. Fat tends to buildup in your blood due to oxidative stress. As a result of this, inflammation in your arteries takes place that also leads to high blood pressure. The antioxidants in green tea can easily reduce inflammation and also lower down the possibilities of high blood pressure.
- Your brain also stands a good chance of gaining a lot from green tea. The EGCG, which is a type of antioxidant found in green tea, can protect the cells of your brain from oxidative stress. This results in a reduction in brain damages, which may lead to various brain related diseases such as Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s.
If you wish to get back in your old jeans and get rid of excess body weight, then you should have green tea on a regular basis. Green tea is rich in catechins, which is another type of antioxidant, and has a fair amount of caffeine. The combination of these ingredients help you to shed weight. These ingredients regulate your hormones and boost thermogenesis, which is the process by which your body is able to burn calories in order to digest food.
Best Green Tea Extracts and Supplements
Nobi Nutrition Green Tea Extract
Nobi Nutrition Green Tea Extracts benefits those of you who are looking to shed excess body weight. The formula used in this supplement is especially designed to help weight loss. Each capsule provides 500mg of green tea and the bottle comes with 60 capsules. You just need a single capsule every day. Each capsule comes with approximately 25mg of caffeine, which is much lower than what you get if you have a regular brewed green tea.
The Nobi Nutrition Green Tea Extract supplement is made with 100% natural ingredients and in a FDA approved facility. It is entirely made in the USA and is a non-GMO product. It does not contain gluten, fillers, binders, wheat, and any type of harmful preservatives. It comes with a money-back guarantee, which means that if you do not feel any positive changes in your overall health, you can ask for your money back from the company.
Pros and Cons
- The Nobi Nutrition Green Tea Extract supplement contains lower caffeine percentage than drinking plain green tea.
- This product comes with a money-back guarantee.
- The Nobi Nutrition Green Tea Extract is not meant for vegans as it is completely non-vegetarian.
- Some users have complained that it tends to cause nausea.
NOW Green Tea Extract Capsules
When it comes to herbal supplements or products, NOW happens to be a recognized name in the market. They have been in this field for more than 50 years and have come up with several reputed herbal supplements that have proved to be useful for many people. The NOW Green Tea Extract Capsules is also one of their latest products that comes with a formula, which is rather straightforward and mild.
The recommended dosage is 1 capsule each day and each serving will give you 400mg of green tea extracts. If you have never had green tea in the past, then you should try this supplement as it is one of the gentlest ways of introducing the benefits of green tea to your daily diet and also gain some benefits of it. Even if you are sensitive to the various effects of caffeine, the NOW Green Tea Extract Capsules supplement will be a great choice for you. Each serving comes with about 32mg of caffeine, which is approximately 1/3 of the total caffeine found in a cup of coffee.
Pros and Cons
- The NOW Green Tea Extract Capsules supplement is made by a recognized manufacturer of herbal products.
- Each capsule contains a third of caffeine found in a cup full of coffee.
- It comes with a pretty low dosage.
Zenwise Caffeine-Free Green Tea Extract
The Zenwise Caffeine-Free Green Tea Extract supplement is available in the form of capsules. You need to have 1 capsule in each serving that will give you 726mg of antioxidants. You will be able to enjoy various health benefits after consumption of this product in a daily basis. As the name suggests, it does not have caffeine. Thus, there is no need for you to worry about not getting a good night’s sleep.
Caffeine is removed from this supplement with the help of a CO2/UV extraction. This leaves behind the polyphenols molecules of the green tea in the capsules. Even without the presence of caffeine, this supplement is designed to give you several effective health benefits. The Zenwise Caffeine-Free Green Tea Extract also happens to be one of those green tea extracts for weight loss that contains slightly more Vitamin C. Among some of the green tea extracts benefits, this supplement will assist you with increased metabolism and a boost in energy levels without the jitters due to caffeine.
Pros and Cons
- The Zenwise Caffeine-Free Green Tea Extract does not have caffeine to let you sleep peacefully.
- This supplement happens to be a powerful metabolism enhancer.
- The price of this product is higher than many other competitors.
Source Infusion Advanced Green Tea Supplement
There are many of you who do not like the idea of sipping green tea every day. Thus, the best alternative is to have green tea extracts supplements in the form of capsules. The Source Infusion Advanced Green Tea Supplement provides you with 500mg of green tea in each serving. You will find 60 capsules in each bottle, which makes it a highly affordable option for most of you.
This supplement does not come with milk, fish, peanuts, and soy. However, the capsules are made with gelatin that makes it not suitable for vegetarians. However, if you have all types of meat, apart from pork, then you can easily have this product. Considered as one of the best supplements with suitable extracts, green tea rich Source Infusion Advanced Green Tea Supplement is made in the USA and in a FDA inspected and GMP certified facility.
Pros and Cons
- Source Infusion Advanced Green Tea Supplement is considered to be a steady and stable weight loss supplement.
- It comes with a lower percentage of green tea than most other supplements.
- It is not a vegan-friendly product.
Nature’s Nutrition Green Tea Extract
If you have never had green tea in your life, than starting off with this supplement may be a bit taxing on your body. The Nature’s Nutrition Green Tea Extract supplement packs a punch and delivers 1000mg of green tea extracts in each serving. This is much higher than most other green tea supplements found on the market. It is approximately 3 to 4 cups of green tea each day.
The capsules are made with vegetable cellulose that makes it extremely vegan. Although this is one of the highly rated products on Amazon, it does not do away with caffeine. That means that you will get 50mg of caffeine in each pill. The formula used in the making of this supplement does not contain any fillers. It gives you pure antioxidant-rich green tea along with caffeine and amino acids. The supplement is surely a powerful weight loss aid for most of you.
Pros and Cons
- A single pill of the Nature’s Nutrition Green Tea Extract supplement provides you with 1000mg of green tea extract, which is much higher than most other similar products.
- It is one of the highly rated supplements.
- The pills are easy to swallow.
- It does provide a mild boost of caffeine.
Great Seasons Green Tea Extract
So, you do not mind a little bit of extra caffeine in your green tea extracts, do you? Then the Great Seasons Green Tea Extract supplement will be suitable for you. Each serving of this supplement comes with 15mg of caffeine and approximately 500mg of green tea extract. Although this may seem lower than most other green tea extracts available on the market, it is still potent enough to help you lose excess body weight.
Although it is not actively advertised like most other brands of green tea extracts, they still provide a money-back guarantee with their products. If you wish to increase your daily consumption of green tea extracts, then you surely increase the daily dosage of this product to 2 pills each day. This will also give you a great price for a 2-month supply.
The Great Seasons Green Tea Extract supplement is a third-party tested product and made entirely in the USA. It is a non-GMO product and the ingredients used in the making of this supplement is brought from different parts of the globe.
Pros and Cons
- Each serving gives you 500mg of green tea extract to help you with weight loss.
- It is made with a non-GMO formula and is entirely made in the USA.
- The formula used in this supplement makes it completely non-vegetarian.
Nature’s Answer Green Tea Tincture
You will come across various green tea extracts in the form of a tincture at various stores. However, the Nature’s Answer Green Tea Tincture is a more affordable option to all those products and it also provides double the potency. There are no sweeteners used in this formula. Although the taste of this green tea extract may be more potent than most other similar products, you can still add it to your favorite drink and have it happily. This will also help you avoid the harness of the flavor.
The recommended serving size of the Nature’s Answer Green Tea Tincture is double to most other green tea supplements. The double dosage of this supplement gives you 2000mg of green tea extract. This means that if you are going to have green tea supplement for the very first time in your life, it is better to opt for a milder product.
The best part about the Nature’s Answer Green Tea Tincture is that there is no alcohol involved to reap the benefits of green tea. It also involves the use of all natural ingredients that finally makes this supplement one of the cleanest green tea extract supplements.
Pros and Cons
- The price of the Nature’s Answer Green Tea tincture is almost half the price of various other leading brand of similar products on the market.
- There are no sweeteners in the supplement, which means that you get the full effect of the actual taste.
PureTea Green Tea
If you are searching for an affordable and, yet, effective green tea extract, then the PureTea Green Tea supplement will be a great choice for you. It is available in the form of capsules and each capsule provides you with 500mg of green tea. However, the recommendation is of 2 capsules each day. It is also good for you to note that one capsule will provide you with equal amount of caffeine that is found in a cup of green tea.
The best part about the PureTea Green Tea supplement is that it is available in variable packs of 60, 90, 120 capsules. This helps you choose the amount you would like to spend on the supplement. The bigger the number of capsules the more you tend to save on the price. However, they do provide a money-back guarantee for their dissatisfied customers.
Pros and Cons
- The PureTea Green Tea supplement is one of the best options when it comes to a low priced highly concentrated green tea supplement.
- Each serving gives you 500mg of green tea that is perfect to help you lose excess body weight.
- It also happens to be one of the Amazon choices of products.
- If you are sensitive to caffeine, it may easily disrupt your normal sleeping habits.
Benevolent Nourishment Green Tea Liquid Extract
Do you normally do not like the idea of having your supplement in the form of capsules on a daily basis? Is swallowing large sized pills your major concern? Well, you can surely try the Benevolent Nourishment Green Tea Liquid Extract supplement. This is available in the form of liquid and can easily be added to your favorite beverage. This means that you can have the essence of green tea extracts in supplements form in your tea or juice.
Just 1ml of this liquid green tea extract will give you 170mg of the useful extract in each serving. This bottle comes with 30 drops of the extract and you are supposed to have it 3 times each day. If you follow the dosage, you will notice that the supplement lasts for less than a month. This makes it slightly pricier than most other competitors. Nonetheless, it surely promises a great supplement as far trader Joes green tea extracts is concerned. Since the taste of this supplement may be too strong for some users, it has been extra sweetened with some honey and stevia. It is best to have this product with other drinks of your choice.
Pros and Cons
- Stevia is used in the Benevolent Nourishment Green Tea Liquid Extract supplement for the extra sweetening.
- You can easily add this supplement to your favorite beverages to enjoy.
- Some users may find the taste to be pretty strong and overwhelming.
EBYSU Green Tea Extract
The EBYSU Green Tea Extract supplement happens to be one of the best green tea extracts you will find on Amazon. Each bottle comes with 120 servings and each serving gives you 500mg of green tea. The product is made entirely in the USA and it also comes with a money-back guarantee for unsatisfied customers.
One of the plus points about the EBYSU Green Tea Extract supplements is that the brand is completely focused on the benefits of pure antioxidants of green tea and less on the potency of caffeine. You will find just 5mg of caffeine in each serving. This is highly beneficial for those of you who are sensitive to caffeine or have it in other forms. Thus, you can prevent the normal jitters that is associated with caffeine.
Although it can be termed as a pure inventions green tea extracts, the capsules do contain various emulsifiers that are commonly termed as binders. However, the capsules are made through vegetable cellulose, which makes it vegan-friendly.
Pros and Cons
- The EBYSU Green Tea Extract supplement is 100% vegan.
- It comes with a money-back guarantee.
- The capsules are formulated with what can easily be termed as fillers.
Just like any other health supplement, you will find quite an ocean full of green tea extract supplements at different stores. However, when it comes to choosing the best for your own health, you simply cannot be ignorant and careless. You have to practice caution and choose the best that suits your requirements and budget.
It is true that green tea has proved its worth in gold since several centuries. Apart from its natural abilities to help you with weight loss, it has great benefits for your mind and body alike. Helps you to concentrate and boosts your mental clarity, as well as, enhances the overall health of your heart. In other words, it helps you to age gracefully. However, it is also essential for you to note that nursing and pregnant women should practice caution when starting a new health supplement on a daily basis.