Amongst the several vital nutrients necessary for your body to function smoothly and properly, one commonly heard name is protein. It is needless to say that protein is naturally included in a well-balanced diet. However, there are still many of you who have protein shakes or protein powders. There may be several reasons for you to have a protein powder supplement on a daily basis. You may either wish to lose excess body weight or keep your hunger pangs under control or increase your muscle mass or even improve the overall health.
It is usually seen that one factor that often discourages a person from having a protein powder supplement on a daily basis is the taste of the product. In your search for the best vegan protein powder, you will come across many which taste pathetic and some even smell bad. If you talk with some of the users of any protein supplement, you will come to know that all they want is something that can be classified as the best tasting protein powder and also fulfill their fitness goals and help them remain strong and healthy.
Even before you decide to start on the best tasting vegan protein powder, it will be helpful for you to get an idea about the benefits of the supplement on your health. It is a truth that protein is useful in the process of muscle production in your body. However, protein is also responsible in the manufacturing process of enzymes, nucleic acids, hormones, cellular messengers, and various immune system components in your body. If there is a shortage of protein in your body, it will fail to put together the various structures that comprise your tissues, cell structures, and even your organs. Protein is also essential in the smooth functioning of the entire cardio system, healing, growth, and muscle contraction of your body.
The protein powder supplements included in this list are chosen based on the user experience and taste of each product. You will also find various other nutritional information for each supplement. The sole aim of this review is to help you choose a protein supplement that tastes good and also helps you achieve your fitness goals.
Information Every Informed Buyer Should Know When Looking For a Protein Powder
There are certain points you should know about before you decide to start having the best tasting whey protein powder for your own health.
- Although many people have the best tasting protein powder for weight loss, these supplements are not at all calorie free. This means that if you have your protein shake in addition to your normal diet, the chances are that you will gain excess body weight if you do not work out to offset those additional calories.
- Large doses of chocolate protein powder or whey protein powder can lead to several side effects. These may include fatigue, headaches, and digestive discomfort. If you consume heavy doses of protein through supplements on a daily basis, you may soon develop several nutrient deficiencies with time.
- According to a data revealed by the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine most of the Americans receive more than double the daily dose of protein without the help of supplements. Thus, consuming the best tasting plant-based protein powder will result in a significant excess of protein in your body that can give rise to kidney diseases, kidney stones, and even cancer.
Best Tasting Protein Powder
Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Whey Protein Isolate
Optimum Nutrition, one of the foremost names in the world of fitness, has its own protein powder named as the Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Whey Protein Isolate. It is available in 24 different flavors which means that you get the powder in a flavor of your choice. Whether you prefer the vanilla flavor or the chocolate flavor, you will find Optimum Nutrition protein powder to be one of the best tasting vanilla protein powder, as well as, one of the best-tasting chocolate protein powder. Some of the other flavors include watermelon, strawberry banana, extreme milk chocolate, natural, mocha cappuccino, and cookies and cream.
The formula used in the making of this supplement makes it useful as both pre and post workout protein shake. You may also have it the first thing after waking up in the morning. Tests have been made on the product and many customers have also revealed that they like the creamy and smooth texture and it is very easy to mix the powder. It is also sweetened with the help of regular sugar instead of various artificial sweeteners such as stevia and sucralose.
Every serving of 24gm of protein will contain 2gm of sugar and 3gm of carbs. However, many users do complain about the lactose content in the powder. The percentage of lactose is much higher than most of the other branded protein shakes in the market.
Pros and Cons
- Comes in a wide variety of flavors
- Mixes well with water and milk
- There are several users who have tried it and have enjoyed the results
- The price of the product is also affordable
- The Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Whey Protein Isolate is pretty high in lactose
Dymatize ISO 100% Whey Protein Powder Isolate
When you talk about Dymatize ISO 100% Whey Protein Powder Isolate, the first thing that comes to your mind is the wide array of flavors of the product. You will find flavors such as birthday cake, chocolate, banana, chocolate coconut, peanut butter, cinnamon bun, fudge brownie, and one of the best vanilla protein powder to name a few.
This protein supplement is slightly on the sweet side, which means that if sweetness is harmful to your health then it is something to avoid. However, if you have a healthy sweet tooth, it is suitable for you. If you usually avoid Splenda and similar products then the Dymatize ISO 100% Whey Protein Powder Isolate may not be the protein shake for you. This is because the product is sweetened with sucralose.
The best part is that it is 100% free of lactose and filled with pure whey protein. It also happens to be gluten-free. It contains 25gm of whey protein, 2.7gm of L-Leucine, gm of BCAA, and lower than a gram of sugar.
Pros and Cons
- A variety of flavors are available such as birthday cake, chocolate peanut butter, and fudge brownie.
- It is free from lactose and gluten.
- Dymatize ISO 100% whey protein powder isolate is pretty high in L-Leucine and BCAA.
- It also mixes very easily.
- The Dymatize ISO 100% whey protein powder isolate is sweetened with sucralose.
- The product itself is on the sweet side.
Muscle FX Hydrobolic Hydrolyzed Whey Protein Isolate
Muscle FX Hydrobolic Hydrolyzed Whey Protein Isolate is one of those great tasting protein supplement available at stores. It also happens to be one of the top rated protein shakes and is free from aspartame and gluten. It is available in chocolate and vanilla flavors and users have said that both the flavors are equally tasty.
It is one of those protein shakes that do not cause stomach problems and give rise to gastric problems. It easily dissolves in water and contains 30gm of hydrolyzed whey protein isolate, 5gm of glutamine, 1gm of sugar, and 6gm of BCAA.
Pros and Cons
- It is one of those protein shakes that mixes very easily.
- The popular choices for flavors are vanilla and chocolate.
- It also absorbs quickly in your body.
- There are no cases of users suffering from gas after consuming the supplement.
- It is completely free from aspartame and gluten.
- There are no negative points for this product.
PURE Whey Protein Powder by SFH
The PURE Whey Protein Powder by SFH is available small individual packets. The chocolate and vanilla flavors of this product are quite popular amongst users. However, there are other flavors also available of this protein shake such as churro and candy cane. If you do not prefer flavors in your protein supplement then you may also opt for unflavored versions of this product.
The easy portability due to individual packing, tasty flavors, and smooth mixing of the PURE Whey Protein Powder by SFH usually attract buyers. The manufacturer also claims that this protein supplement is the cleanest whey at stores. It does not contain soy, artificial flavors, gluten, GMOs, and sweeteners and is made from well-fed cows. The best part about this protein supplement is that it is safe enough for pregnant and nursing women, as well as children.
It is completely hormone free and antibiotic from the cows that are raised in Australia and New Zealand. Each serving of this supplement includes 23gm of protein, 6gm of BCAA, 3gm of carbs, and Omega-3s. You have to keep in mind that any changes in the temperature will cause the product to clump, which will make it very difficult to mix.
Pros and Cons
- The PURE Whey Protein Powder by SFH is suitable for nursing and pregnant women, as well as children.
- It is free from gluten, GMOs, and soy.
- There are artificial sweeteners and flavors in the protein supplement.
- Two of the most delicious flavors of this product are the vanilla and chocolate flavors.
- You need to store the product properly in order to avoid clumping, which may happen due to individual packets of the shake.
BSN Syntha – 6 Isolate Protein Powder
There are several delicious flavors available for the BSN Syntha – 6 Isolate Protein Powder. Although vanilla ice cream is the best of the lot, other flavors include chocolate milkshake, peanut butter cookie, and chocolate peanut butter.
The manufacturer of this protein supplement, BSN, has been around in the world of fitness and health for more than a decade and has won more than 60 different awards till date. Some of the awards are for the tasty flavors of their protein shakes.
The BSN Syntha – 6 Isolate Protein Powder consists of 50% milk and 50% whey isolates, which are a slow and a fast-acting form of protein. It is especially designed for athletes and comprises of 25gm of protein, 11gm of essential amino acids, and 2gm of fiber. The best part about this protein shake is that it mixes quite well and you can easily have it with water. You will find the result to be a creamy, tasty shake. However, it is said to cause some level of gastrointestinal problems for some users.
Pros and Cons
- The BSN Syntha – 6 Isolate Protein Powder easily dissolves in water and the best flavor of the supplement is vanilla.
- It contains 50% milk and 50% whey isolates.
- The company has received 60 different awards till date.
- There have been cases wherein users have reported suffering from gastrointestinal problems after having the supplement.
- There are some additives in the product.
Natural Force Organic Whey Protein Powder
The Natural Force Organic Whey Protein Powder comes in three different flavors, coffee bean, vanilla bean, and cacao bean. In spite of the product being free of any artificial ingredients and cold pressed, users say that the flavors are tasty and the protein supplement itself mixes very easily.
Dairy cows from California that are grass-fed and humanely treated are the primary source of whey for this product. The Natural Force Organic Whey Protein Powder is also sweetened with the help of stevia leaf that is organically grown. The protein shake itself is free of GMOs, gluten, and is not acid or bleach processed.
Pros and Cons
- The Natural Force Organic Whey Protein Powder is very simple to mix and tastes amazing.-There are no artificial ingredients found in the product and it is also free from GMOs, hormones, and gluten.-It has been sweetened with stevia.
- It is one of the most expensive protein supplements on the market.
Myotein Advanced Whey Protein Complex
The best part about the Myotein Advanced Whey Protein Complex is that it is designed for all types of consumers from various lifestyles and not just athletes. Users have also reported that after consuming the protein shake they did not feel any stomach problems. The new formula is also approved by a chef, thus, the incredible taste of the supplement.
Both the chocolate and vanilla flavors of the product are equally popular amongst users. It is not naturally creamy and can easily be mixed with regular milk, water, and even almond milk. Other flavors of the Myotein Advanced Whey Protein Complex include salted caramel, mocha latte, and strawberry milkshake, to name a few.
The protein shake is made with whey protein hydrolysate, whey protein isolate, whey protein concentrate, colostrum, and micellar casein. This means that it contains both fast and slow acting proteins. This makes the supplement a perfect meal-replacement or energy boost. It contains 1gm of fat, 24gm of protein, along with 4gm carbs. The reviews are all about the new flavor formulas. The older versions were not that popular.
Pros and Cons
- The Myotein Advanced Whey Protein Complex comes in vanilla and chocolate flavors.
- It is very easy to mix the protein supplement .
- It contains both fast and slow acting proteins.
- This protein supplement is also chef-approved.
- The older version of the Myotein Advanced Whey Protein Complex are not at all popular.
Muscle Pharm Arnold Schwarzenegger Series Iron Whey Protein Powder
If muscle growth is in your mind and you spend hours at the gym to get the body of a bodybuilder, then the Muscle Pharm Arnold Schwarzenegger Series Iron Whey Protein Powder will be a good bet for you. The chocolate and vanilla flavors are liked by users and the protein itself tends to digest fast.
Each serving of the Muscle Pharm Arnold Schwarzenegger Series Iron Whey Protein Powder contains 22gm of ultra-micro filtered whey protein, 2.5gm of sugar, and 6gm of carbs. There are basically three types of whey protein found in this product such as whey protein isolate, whey protein hydrolysate, and whey protein concentrate.
Although the results after consuming this protein shake is great, there are some users who do not like the sweetness and chunkiness of the protein supplement. Some have also complained of stomach problems.
Pros and Cons
- The vanilla and chocolate flavors are preferred by most of the users.
- It is especially designed for muscle growth and muscle recovery.
- Some users claim that it is very sweet.
- The protein powder can sometimes be too chunky.
MaryRuth Organic Vegan Pumpkin Seed Based Protein Powder
It is true that any protein supplement that is plant-based can be especially tough to formulate in such a way that makes it tasty and also avoids any aftertaste after consumption. This is where the MaryRuth Organic Vegan Pumpkin Seed Based Protein Powder scores above other plant-based protein shakes. It is only available in a chocolate flavor and tastes delicious.
Vegans are usually used to the lack of creaminess in their diets. However, this protein shake can be categorized in the medium creamy range. You may add almond or coconut milk to the powder in order to increase the viscosity of the mixture and give it a more chocolate milk or chocolate shake kind of taste. This product is free from soy, whey, filler or binders, dairy, preservatives, and gluten. However, you need to stir the powder well in order to make it mix properly.
Each serving contains 14gm of protein, 6gm of sugar, and 9gm of carbs. The natural source of protein in this supplement makes it very easy on your stomach.
Pros and Cons
- The MaryRuth Organic Vegan Pumpkin Seed Based Protein Powder is free of all the possible bad stuff usually associated with a protein supplement.
- It is paleo and vegan certified.
- This protein supplement is quite easy on your stomach and does not cause any type of stomach problems.
- Organic cane sugar is used in this protein shake to provide the sweet taste.
- The supplement is not at all creamy.
- The price of this product is on the expensive side.
All Max Isoflex Isolate Protein Powder
Are you searching for a highly bioavailable, extremely pure, and high performing whey protein supplement? Then the All Max Isoflex Isolate Protein Powder will fulfill your answer. It not just helps you to achieve your fitness goals, it also tastes equally good. Although it contains almost 90% protein, the mix is extremely creamy and thick, which resembles a shake or a dessert.
The most popular out of all the flavors for the All Max Isoflex Isolate Protein Powder is the chocolate flavor. You will also find chocolate chips in the chocolate flavored protein shake. Users say that all the other flavors taste a bit too sweet. Each serving of the All Max Isoflex Isolate Protein Powder contains 27gm protein, 2gm of carbs, and nil sugar.
Pros and Cons
- The All Max Isoflex Isolate Protein Powder is one of the most bioavailable protein in the market.
- It contains low sugar and low carbs.
- The mix is pretty creamy and thick.
- Users have said that the chocolate flavor is the best.
- All other flavors are extremely sweet.
- The protein shake is sweetened with sucralose.
It is time that you get over with your previous experience of having protein supplements that used to taste pretty lousy. There are several tasty protein shakes out in the market that will please your taste buds and also help you lead a healthy life. Some of these protein supplements also come in a wide array of flavors that you may choose from.