There can be a plethora of reasons behind wanting a new scale for your home. From keeping in touch with your weight for health reasons, gaining for sports reasons, or losing for personal reasons, having one on hand has endless benefits. While tracking your weight goals, it’s vital to have a consistently accurate scale reading to be able to set good fitness goals.
Getting an accurate digital scale for your home can transform the way you tackle your weight for the better. However, there are many factors incorporated into getting the best reading of your weight, from calibrating the scale to placing it on the right surfaces.
If you’re looking for a piece of equipment to help you with your weight goals, then rather than getting a digital bathroom scale from Walmart, you can easily get started from those compiled in the list below!
Information Every Buyer Should Know When Buying a Digital Scale
No matter what you wish your goal to be, if you want numerical proof of your progress, you’re going to want a scale in your journey. Compared to their mechanical counterparts, which require human interaction, digital scales are more convenient and easier to read. But in order to provide a precise measurement of how much you weigh, you’ll need to first ensure some prerequisites are set in place.
Placing Scale on the Right Surfaces
- Do you have carpet in your home? If so, then avoid these places when looking to place your scale. Depending on how soft the flooring is, it can cause small fluctuations in your weight. Instead, choose flooring such as tile, wood, or concrete for more truthful measurement.
- Picking and sticking to a consistent time of day and week to check your weight can help you determine its most authentic number. The food and water we consume throughout the day can make our weight bounce from one to about four pounds higher than what we really are.
- It has actually been shown that weighing yourself first thing in the morning will portray most accurate picture of your weight. Still seeing fluctuations? Check out these scenarios that may be the culprit.
Re-calibrating the scale
- This is one that you may find surprising. If you happen to move your scale, even if it’s a few feet, then you must give it time to calibrate. This means the scale will reset its internal “zero” in order to give you the best reading it can.
- To obtain optimal results, step onto the scale and allow about three seconds for the most accurate reading. If you move around while it is taking a reading, you could interfere with the scale’s measurements.
- If you’re not comfortable with the scale’s size to stand upright, opt for a scale with a wider base.
Know When to Replace
- If you’ve had your scale for years on end and don’t remember when you bought it, it may be time to get a new one. Like most products, the constant operation over the years could cause the scale to show signs of overuse. To keep on top of your weight, you should also keep on top of the machinery you use.
- With this list down below, you’ll have a wide variety of options to choose from when selecting your new scale. Start finding the best digital bathroom scale for your fitness and health goals today!
Best Digital Bathroom Scale
Etekcity Digital Body Weight Bathroom Scale with Step-On Technology
If your weight wanders between the higher 300s and lower 400s and get this scale, it will actually alert you when you’re reaching the limit it can hold. Not only will this prevent any damage from befalling the scale, but it actually prolongs its life. This durable scale, although glass, can also withstand drops and trips, bringing its total lifespan to well over a year.
This stylish etekcity digital body weight bathroom scale is a little heavy due to the tempered glass on top, but this factors into its durability. The pads on the bottom provide enough friction to keep this in place as you step on it. With accuracy and safety in mind, opting for this elegant scale could work in your favor.
Pros and Cons
- Backed by lifetime support from Etekcity
- Anti-skid padding
- Measures up to 400 lbs-Overload indication
- Heavier than other scales
Innotech Digital Bathroom Scale with Easy-to-Read Backlit LCD
On top of being able to adapt to any place in your home through its gorgeous design, the glass which adorns the scale is shatter resistant. This brings long durability and reliability to your Innotech product. Although lightweight and seemingly small, its accurate sensors can bring you optimal results within seconds.
Reading numbers on this piece is easy and quick due to the sharp contrast between the positive and negative blue. This scale can also switch between the three main measurements of weight-- lbs, kgs, and st-- with a click of a button. Even if this scale does not weigh as heavily as its counterparts, it’s great for straightforward setup and crisp readings.
Pros and Cons
- Scratch and shatter resistant
- Negative backlit LED display
- No assembly needed
- Accurate sensors
- Measures less than 400 lbs
Nokia Body - Bmi Wi-Fi Scale
Who knew they needed the weather on a weight tracking app? Nokia accomplishes this and much more. It’s great to use in a family for custom-tailored weight tracking management. After each weigh-in, you can instantly see the variations in your BMI through their system. This, along with personalized feedback, will be yours to access anywhere to go rather than just at your scale.
On the product, the screen even displays the last eight measurements it took to calculate BMI for you to easily compare the numbers. In the app, you can do everything from setting a weight goal to logging foods with a built-in nutrition calculator, enabling a way to faithfully track the journey to your ideal body.
If you are expecting, but wonder how much weight you’ve gained due to the pregnancy, this scale also has a mode to calculate the numbers. Want to weigh your baby or toddler? It’s as easy as holding them in your arms as you step onto the scale. Large families and expecting mothers alike will find endless benefits in Nokia’s product.
Pros and Cons
- Personalized modes for each family member (up to 8)
- Comes with baby and pregnancy modes
- Incorporated weather report
- Can track progress via BMI on app
- Needs time to connect to apps aside from its own
EatSmart Precision Plus Digital Bathroom Scale with Ultra-Wide Platform
Looking for more room on an Eatsmart precision plus digital bathroom scale? This product could be the winner! With a whopping 15 inches of foot room, it has never been easier to stand naturally on a scale. This, along with its ability to turn on instantly upon contact makes this scale a much more comfortable option for those who need the space.
Although most scales top at 400, this one adds on an extra 40 pounds to help you find your most accurate weight. The LED screen is over four inches wide, so it’s easy to see even in darker times of the day. Its slim design allows it to still be tucked away into any crooks of our bathroom, making this bigger scale a highly convenient option.
Other scales by this brand, such as the Eatsmart precision calpal digital bathroom scale, have large, positive influences in the digital scales scene. Getting one could be the one of the best decisions of your health journey.
Pros and Cons
- Turns on instantly through step-on technology
- 15” Wide Platform for all foot sizes
- Measures up to 440 lbs
- Ideal for bigger boned people
- Fragile if knocked over
Digital Body Weight Bathroom Scale by GreaterGoods
Thin, simple, and swift, this scale is perfect for those who want a minimalistic look. The feet of this particular product comes with not slip pads, so the scale will stay in place while you are being weighed. If your floors are more prone to scratches, opt for this scale to protect them.
You don’t have to worry about the calibration on this one either, as it does that automatically. It also switches easily between kg and lbs at the touch of a button. For consistency, accuracy, and a cushion between the equipment and the floor, definitely give this scale a shot. If you wish to find the most accurate digital bathroom scale, then this is definitely a strong competitor.
Pros and Cons
- Sleek, minimal look
- Non-slip and scratch resistant
- Four weighing sensors for accurate readings
- Battery may die quickly
Etekcity Digital Body Weight Bathroom Scale
Super convenient and auto-calibrating, this scale easily gives accurate readings in both pounds and kilograms. It gives consistent measurements within a 0.2 lb or 3 oz range for optimal weight tracking. While the screen may not be as bright as others, it is still very easy to read with appropriate lighting.
Etekcity makes their scale extremely durable by making their glass platform 8 mm, enabling its lifetime to last for years. It’ll alert you when the battery is low and auto-zero when you’re not using it. It even comes with a free body tape for another way to track your progress over time.
If you’re looking for something strong that’ll help you focus on your weight journey, this product may be for you!
Pros and Cons
- Free body tape included
- Reliable measurements
- Resilient strength
- Very versatile
- LED light may be too dim for some
RENPHO Bluetooth Body Fat Scale
No matter what the app you prefer to track your exercise in is, you can link this scale to it and see your weight on more familiar platform. Familiar with Apple Health, Google Fit, or Fitbit? With this scale, you can easily track your weight on the go through these programs, or through RENPHO’s personal app.
Unlike traditional scales that only show body weight, this one also shows BMI, percentage of body fat, and many others. Regardless of if you have your phone on you or not when you check your weight, it will automatically link to your device! Along with auto-calibration and the 6mm platform, this scale is great if you prefer to take a deeper look into your body’s measurements.
Pros and Cons
- Can sync with various fitness apps
- Shows 11 different measurements
- 6mm tempered glass
- Calibrating Bluetooth may take time
Kinzi New Precision Digital Bathroom Scale
If you have any troubles with your vision, this scale may be the ideal one for you! It comes with a wide LED display to easily take note of your weight. Included are German, high-precision sensors to easily bring you the numbers you need for tracking. There’s no need to worry about the battery life on this one, either– the scale automatically turns off until your next use.
This is a great option if you like more modern and slick pieces of technology in your home. There’s no touching the scale to reset it to zero in this one-- it’s all done for you. With the lifetime guarantee and bright display, it’s hard to pass this one up!
Pros and Cons
- Extra large LED screen
- Can weigh up to 400 lbs
- Two lithium batteries included
- Cannot move at all to get accurate readings
EatSmart Precision Digital Bathroom Scale with Extra Large Lighted Display
No batteries in your home, no problem! This eatsmart precision digital bathroom scale comes with a starting set of four to carry the burden of initial power-ups and weigh-ins. EatSmart includes a body tape measure in its package to further ease tracking your weight. This weight comes with an extra inch of room for comfort and a better stance when getting measured.
There’s no more tapping that scale for calibration, as this one does it all on its own! Traditional meets modern through its elevated, yet non-slip design. By sitting 1.8” off the floor, this piece of equipment is one that you simply can’t miss.
This even comes with a backlight, making it easy to see and locate in the dark. Grab yourself this eatsmart digital bathroom scale if you’re looking to get effortless weight measurements.
Pros and Cons
- 8mm tempered glass top
- Non-slip top-Stands nearly 2” off ground
- Free tape measure
- Average lifespan is three years
AccuWeight Digital Bathroom Weight Scale
If you’re looking for a extremely precise scale, opt for this Accuweight digital glass bathroom scale! Inside, it’s equipped with four high precision sensors to display an accurate weight within 0.2 lbs or 0.1 kgs. An extra bonus is that this scale is also able to measure in stones, or st, alongside the other well-known units (primarily used in Great Britain, Ireland, and Australia).
To allow your battery to last as long as possible, this scale has an auto-off mode, activated after ten seconds of no use. This scale will auto-zero, so there’s no extra actions needed on your part for calibration. The thick, 6mm glass is around 5 times stronger than normal glass, and is resistant to many types of cracks and damages.
This scale is perfect for easily checking your weight in the wide LED display, and for small spaces due to its slim figure. With a lifetime warranty, you simply can’t miss this one!
Pros and Cons
- Can weigh up to 400 pounds
- Three units of measurement
- Battery life indicator
- Thick 12” x 12” tempered glass top
- Batteries only last around half a year
Scales come with a wide array of functions, measurements, and styles to best fit your needs and budget. From simply getting one number back to getting upwards of eleven, scales are excellent accessories for obtaining concrete facts when looking after your health. However, like everything in life, scales are by no means a perfect way to diagnose something amiss in your body. If you feel something is off, and your scale does not seem to be the issue, please call a health professional.
Identifying your goals is an essential piece to getting the scale with all the correct functions you need on it. Also keep in mind the amount of available space you have and the size of your body can both affect the outcome of your purchase as well. Stick to proper methods of weighing yourself if you wish to receive stable, unchanging quality in your results.
With enough diligence, diving into the digital world of scales will not be daunting. If you’re willing to take that first step towards a numeric, concrete goal, digital scales are surely an unforgettable investment to have in your home.